So sad......

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My P. Metallica male matured today......... but he seems to have suffered a wet molt. In this picture he is alive believe it or not. But I will be putting him in the freezer here in a bit because there is no way he is recovering from this mess. :( This sucks, I really hate it when things die in my collection.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wet molt?

oh my!! I've never seen OR heard of this before.. I am so sorry.. how does this happen and how can it be avoided if at all... wow... really I am so sorry..

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That def sux. I am currently waiting on a male to mature and I would be royally bummed if that happened.

Sorry for the loss of a sweet T.

PIG-

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I'm sorry Ryan. He looks really bad, like he was fried. It always sucks to lose one of our little friends. :(

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Que Lastima;

Sorry about your loss, Ryan. I bet he was a looker before his molt. Once I saw the picture, he reminded me of the first transformation attempt of the movie, "The Fly".
Poor thing, he looks in pain. He's in a relaxed place now, Arachnoheaven.

Fredster
Lean, not as mean
Still, US Marine!

Last edited:

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard of a "wet molt" but had no idea how devastating it could be. He looks so miserable there, poor guy. :( Very sorry for your loss.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ouch! It hurts just looking at that. Sorry Ryan.

SoupyC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats exactly what my A. versicolor looked like when he kicked off. What is that? I've never heard the term 'wet molt'.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am very sorry to hear that. :( I know you lost that big pokie also. :( What a rough week. :(

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so sorry about that, i lost my little p.ornata to something similar
he left a pretty molt btw.
on a lighter note, the b.smithi i got from you molted AGAIN today

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yikes. Man, that is sad. It's painful to even look at. Was there anything unusual at all leading up to the molt behavioral or otherwise?

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poor little guy my condolences Ryan :(

Looks to me like his abdomen wasn’t quite ready for a molt. It looks paper thin. Is that what a wet molt is? When they molt before the new exo is ready and they spring a leak?

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry for your loss! That royaly sucks!

So. . . . what is a wet molt? and what causes it?

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is a wet molt a problem with the tarantula or is it more of an issue with the humidity being too high? Sorry for your loss Ryan

John