So my whole house is getting painted

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
My main worries are: stale air in the closet, and since there are temperatures of 34celcius 90ish fahrenheit outside, that the temps in the closet will be high. The room pictured is located on the sunny side of the house, so it has the sun on it when its at its hottest in the afternoon. Its 32celcius at this moment 90F.

The bedroom is on the other side thankfully but i still fear the slings will be without water. I made sure to wet the sub for my terrestrial slings. But I fear for my avic slings.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My main worries are: stale air in the closet, and since there are temperatures of 34celcius 90ish fahrenheit outside, that the temps in the closet will be high. The room pictured is located on the sunny side of the house, so it has the sun on it when its at its hottest in the afternoon. Its 32celcius at this moment 90F.

The bedroom is on the other side thankfully but i still fear the slings will be without water. I made sure to wet the sub for my terrestrial slings. But I fear for my avic slings.
In July my T's were subject to temperatures outside up to 120f for a few days. It was 110 in my room.. There was nothing I could do but keep fans on because it was literally the some of the hottest days on record for California it is not advisable but the heat won't kill your T's unless it became a prolonged thing. A couple days at 90-95 is like a nice warm vacation. I would think airflow be more detrimental than heat fluctuations. And I say that within reason.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Would being in that closet (pic some posts up) really be so bad? They got no airflow if they are in the post.

Also a warm vacation, even for 4th instar versicolor slings that will be dry by now?

Just venting my worries. You've been a great help :)

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Would being in that closet (pic some posts up) really be so bad? They got no airflow if they are in the post.

Also a warm vacation, even for 4th instar versicolor slings that will be dry by now?

Just venting my worries. You've been a great help :)
One of my 110 degree survivors was a 2i versicolor. Just my experience, I also was very on top of watering during this time of heat. I'm very hopeful that your spiders will all do just fine. 90-95 sounds like normal temps for my area and my t room sometimes approaches 85 regularly.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I see,

Another question: one side of the livingroom has its window frames painted yesterday. I have had the window open yesterday and today. Jet I closed the window an hour ago, i am getting a headache and sore throat. I assume its just the heat. (30C here is very humid sweaty weather). The fumes would be gone after 2 days of ventilation? I don't smell nothing yet i get the headache and sore throat.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I see,

Another question: one side of the livingroom has its window frames painted yesterday. I have had the window open yesterday and today. Jet I closed the window an hour ago, i am getting a headache and sore throat. I assume its just the heat. (30C here is very humid sweaty weather). The fumes would be gone after 2 days of ventilation? I don't smell nothing yet i get the headache and sore throat.
I could only speculate on the causes, because I am not a medical doctor. But I would think perhaps your home has more foreign particulate present now than your used to? Dust/pollen/etc. this may be the cause. But like I said only speculations. But I will confidently say if you smell 0 fumes the chances are small of their presence.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I have the idea that there is a little bit of lingering paint smell, but the painted window frames are dry and the rooms have been ventilated all day so i assume there aren't any fumes left.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Update:
All seem to be alive, ine i thought one was dead due to stuck molt since it was utterly lifeless, i even picked it up to examine it. So I was sad. Plucked the molt from him her (tiny holothele incei sling) and then: surprise yoga, it started to move its legs ans stretching a lot. So I watered a corner for water and hopefully all will be well. Top: sling molt under it.
20160826_080614.jpg

Lots of molts
All bit one versicolor slings have molted:
Gave them all water.
20160826_080350.jpg
Hard to see, but transparent legs.

My biggest surprise:
20160826_075236.jpg
From my adult avic.

20160826_080406.jpg
This is the home from my eauthles sp red sling. That side was still damp to my surprise.

Lastly, my B. emilia seems to have molted as well, but she hadn't regrown her lost leg but i'll have to wait to verify.

Ps, now my bottom floor smells like paint since the kitchendoor to the outside is being painted.

Getting a bit paranoid though, everytime i enter a room, i think i smell paint. Even when I don't.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Update:
All seem to be alive, ine i thought one was dead due to stuck molt since it was utterly lifeless, i even picked it up to examine it. So I was sad. Plucked the molt from him her (tiny holothele incei sling) and then: surprise yoga, it started to move its legs ans stretching a lot. So I watered a corner for water and hopefully all will be well. Top: sling molt under it.
View attachment 218858

Lots of molts
All bit one versicolor slings have molted:
Gave them all water.
View attachment 218859
Hard to see, but transparent legs.

My biggest surprise:
View attachment 218860
From my adult avic.

View attachment 218861
This is the home from my eauthles sp red sling. That side was still damp to my surprise.

Lastly, my B. emilia seems to have molted as well, but she hadn't regrown her lost leg but i'll have to wait to verify.

Ps, now my bottom floor smells like paint since the kitchendoor to the outside is being painted.

Getting a bit paranoid though, everytime i enter a room, i think i smell paint. Even when I don't.
Well I'm glad you did the right thing and moistened a portion of that little slings enclosure to raise humidity... Because some people would rush to an ICU and we all know how that goes. Hoping the little one pulls through now. How big is your adult Avicularia now?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I don't know exactly, can't view her top half very well. She seems awfully leggy though. Ever since my female B. albo turned mature male, im scared this one will be male too. 20160826_083635.jpg

Edit: Removed a cricket that was long dead at the bottom of the enclosure, she turned around. Do avic sp. have tibial hooks as they matute in case of male, since she doesn't have them. She's about 12/13cm dls, thats 5"?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I don't know exactly, can't view her top half very well. She seems awfully leggy though. Ever since my female B. albo turned mature male, im scared this one will be male too. View attachment 218862

Edit: Removed a cricket that was long dead at the bottom of the enclosure, she turned around. Do avic sp. have tibial hooks as they matute in case of male, since she doesn't have them. She's about 12/13cm dls, thats 5"?
The way I have heard to distinguish Avicularia Avicularia sexually is the males will not poses pink toes on the pedipalps once they become mature males.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
She def got pink palps. I just checked, the little sling has flipped on its legs and is drinking from the moist sub.