So my whole house is getting painted

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
So I received a letter from the corporation I rent my house from, that all window frames in the house will be repainted or replaced if needed. This means, while they paint mainly on the outside, but the window needs to be open to paint that frame too.

So naturally since they use oil base paint, it will smell and the fumes will be toxic for my T's which has me worried. One upside is that the T room is on the south side of the house, which means the sun shines on that part during the afternoon which means with these temperatures, it will dry pretty quickly and because the window has to be open all day, hopefully the fumes will be gone soon.

So I have two bedrooms, one at the south side of the house and one on the north side. I keep the Ts in the south side room, and I am planning to move them all to my main bedroom when the south window frames are being painted. Will that be enough to ensure the safety for my Ts?

They will move to work on the north side window frames the next day so would it be safe to move them back in the south side room after one day?

RMJ

Arachnosquire
How Many do you have? could you move them somewhere right out the way temporarily?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I dom't have a closet and my bathroom has a small window, which is getting painted.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I can't really reach the back properly without sliding it forward, which is both heavy and causes tremors. A lot of my Ts are in premolt and one is actually molting as i am typing this.

If I could tape plastic to the front and back would that be safe enough?

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
You don't actually have to reach the back if you can tape the curtain to the top and drop it across the back, then tape along the sides.
Would it be safe enough? I think so, but a second opinion wouldn't hurt.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I can't really reach the back properly without sliding it forward, which is both heavy and causes tremors. A lot of my Ts are in premolt and one is actually molting as i am typing this.

If I could tape plastic to the front and back would that be safe enough?
Why don´t you just place the enclosures in plastic bags? It´s easier, for sure!

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
even the heavy glass enclosures 30cmx30x30?
Hmmm, the plastic ones for sure, but if the glass ones are too heavy to carry out and place in bags, you might just tape over their ventilation holes if they´re readily accessible?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I think Ill put them in another room (the one not being painted) put them on a dresser and put plastic sheets over them.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
The windowframe of the T room
20160819_003008.jpg
So only the outside parts will be painted (i assume), which is the top part above the grey line you see in the picture. As you can see, the window needs to be fully open in order for the painter to be able to reach it.

Hopefully the fumes will dissappear fast since it's mainly outside. I could get a fan pointed at the window when the painting is done.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
So it's 2:30 am and i can't sleep so, new Idea:
Bedroom closet

inside closet, floorspace: 80cm x 50cm

I could put the 3 biggest terrariums (30x30x30 x2 and a 20x20x30) and stack the smaller ones on top.

Do i need to tape the door?

Attachments

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
So it's 2:30 am and i can't sleep so, new Idea:
Bedroom closet

inside closet, floorspace: 80cm x 50cm

I could put the 3 biggest terrariums (30x30x30 x2 and a 20x20x30) and stack the smaller ones on top.

Do i need to tape the door?
I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah of course indeed those kind of situations are always, let's be honest, annoying and a matter of concern for us. You have to use what you have, at the end, so I will follow TownesVanZandt advice and, as you said, put the others in the bedroom closet.

To tape the door or not, it's up to you. As JumpingSpiderLady suggested, that wouldn't hurt. Me, personally? Nah. Plus they will work from the outside part, not so invasive like when it comes to inside :-s

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Next question would be: when to move. They are going to paint the T room and my bedroom (with the closet) on different days.

Say they would paint the T room on day 1, i move them all to my bedroom. Place them in the closet. Tape it up when they paint the bedroom window frames on day 2.

Move them back to the T room on day 3.