So my MM G.Rosea finally bit the bucket yesterday

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This T I purchased on Nov.9 2007 had its maturing molt on Feb.14 2008. Now from what I know is after a T matures/hooks out they "don't have very much longer to live" as Ive been told by multiple people. I have has this T for pretty much 2.5 years after it matured. I know there is no specific answer here but what is the typical length of time a MM G.rosea will live after it matures??? When people said not much longer I expected about 6-8 months left but as I said it managed to pull about 2.5 years. Is that **typically** longer than normal after maturing or about right??

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your loss :(

And honestly, any T's lifespan, mature male or not, depends on the quality of care it receives. It sounds like you took really good care of him!

:eek:

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. rosea MM tend to live a pretty good while. I had one die this year that was 4 years old, another it still going strong at 3 years.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think it's that uncommon for a MM G. rosea to live around the 2 year mark. I had a rosea hook out August 08, who attempted a post ultimate molt in May this year but didn't make it (21 months mature). I currently have a MM rosea that was already mature when I got him in July 08 (no idea when he matured but he looked pretty fresh when I got him). He's still going strong, eating and constructing spermwebs, but doesn't pace and wander much. Anecdotally, this species do seem to have long lived MMs.

I will say however, that for the last 18 months or so I've been keeping him at cooler temps and feeding very infrequently. I've been expecting him to fade away or attempt a molt for the last 6 months or so, but he's hanging in there.