So if a sling walls itself into its burrow...

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Think of moulting as a computer installing updates. If you mess with it too much, you can brick your spider. ;)

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Update: molted within the last 24 hours. Skinny abdomen, still walled off in its burrow, fangs are pink. I’ll give it 5 or 6 days and then feed it.
Do not wait 5 or 6 days wait until it emerges looking for food if you drop a feeder in and its fangs aren't hard enough but it still goes for it the fangs could end up getting damaged. Check the fangs themself if you can and make sure there black if I can't see them I wait a minimum of 10 days after a moult before attempting this

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Mine is a tiny thing and didnt come out for over a week. I kept asking my daughter, are you SURE I shouldn't feed it yet? lol After 10 days, it finally opened both sides and dragged the exuvia out last night.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Mine is a tiny thing and didnt come out for over a week. I kept asking my daughter, are you SURE I shouldn't feed it yet? lol After 10 days, it finally opened both sides and dragged the exuvia out last night.
If its brought the molt out and opened the burrow it will probably sit at the entrance to the burrow with a few legs poking out letting you know it's hungry, depends how big your T is too the bigger the T the longer it takes for its exoskeleton to harden

Kitara

Arachnodemon
letting you know it's hungry, depends how big your T is too
Oh yeah she was definitely ready to eat. She was only about an inch premolt. I haven't been able to measure her yet because she hasn't been on the side yet, but we'll see. She was walled in for a week after so I fed her when she poked out.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I haven't been able to measure her yet because she hasn't been on the side yet, but we'll see.
I'm the same my LP has put on at least an inch there measuring her moult it's 5.5" And she just looks so much bigger. Can't wait to get her measured wouldn't be surprised if its past the 7" mark now

laservet

Arachnopeon
This morning the sling was outside its burrow. I dropped in a little B lateralis and it pounced on it! Skinny little abdomen. Will post a pic once I get one.