So I went for it!

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
Came home from work and checked the spider room because tomorrow is feeding night and I wanted to gut load some roaches of differing sizes. As I was looking over the enclosures I noticed that my G. pulchra has completely sealed w/ substrate both entrances to its hide. This spider never even used the damn thing till now. Its must be getting ready to molt. Looking forward to seeing it when it reappears.

Very sad morning :sad:. At some point during the night my C. versicolor tried to molt and got stuck and died. I have no idea how such a small sling got stuck, but from looking at its position it looks like it didn't have enough pushing force to do the job. Super upset as this is my favorite tarantula species. Hopefully I will be able to find another one come spring time.

I saved the spider from death! It is missing both pedipalps and a front leg. I cannot believe I was able to save this spider with so little loss. Picture is its first meal ( just now) since its rescue.
IMG_0376.JPG

I stuck the dead roach above the water dish and if you look, you can see a leg where the spider used brute force with its legs and fangs to drag it up. Picture is blurry because spider is moving : /. The blue object next to the moss in the middle of the cork bark, is its worthless leg that it tore off.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Versi can be a challenge. I am keeping a sling too. Hopefully ours will bloom. Congrats

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I stuck the dead roach above the water dish and if you look, you can see a leg where the spider used brute force with its legs and fangs to drag it up. Picture is blurry because spider is moving : /. The blue object next to the moss in the middle of the cork bark, is its worthless leg that it tore off.
That sub looks very moist. Dry it out or your sling could die. Great job with keeping it alive minus the limbs!

Ian14

Arachnobaron
140 US. A. seemanni was a freebee. I can see why its so freaking small. C. versicolor was a pain in the butt to house. It kept bolting out of its enclosure before I could get it closed!
How much???!!
Here in the UK the two you paid for would have cost just £40 for both. Plus £8.99 next day delivery including a heat pack.
So glad I'm in the UK not the US!

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
I could never live in the UK far, far to much rain. Where I live I get 300 days of sunshine a year. I can pay a little more for weather like that.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I could never live in the UK far, far to much rain. Where I live I get 300 days of sunshine a year. I can pay a little more for weather like that.
When you put it that way, who can argue!
Mind you we don't get as much rain as you think, most of the south east was in a drought through the summer.

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
When you put it that way, who can argue!
Mind you we don't get as much rain as you think, most of the south east was in a drought through the summer.
Yea my whole state of CO is in a level red drought still, snow storms that were supposed to show up never developed or went north.

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
So for anyone following this thread and wondering how things are going. C. versicolor is very healthy and has eaten every few days like clockwork (currently devouring a decent sized roach). It looks like a lot of work without pedipalps and a main front leg, it trips a lot dragging its food into its tunnels. I am sure it is eating so much to make sure it can grow its missing pedipalps and leg back clean.

So 4 of my 5 T's are in pre-molt IMG_0379.JPG
From left to right: C. laeta 1 1/2" (pre-molt) closed off all 3 tunnels. C. versicolor (devouring a good roach) a little over 1" just had a bad molt lost both pedipalps and a main front leg. A. Seemanni pre-molt been down there for 4 weeks. T. albopilosus (pre-molt) getting really dark now will molt soon. G. pulchra (pre-molt) this spider has been in its hide for a month but loves to be on the side of this viewing hole (1 of 3).

DJM88

Arachnopeon
Yea I can't wait! Unfortunately I missed this weeks shipping window so I won't be receiving them till middle of next week. Gives me time to set up all the enclosures though.
I hope your new Ts arrive healthy with this cold weather. My last online order caused the Rear horned Baboon i had ordered to be dead on arrival. :(

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
I hope your new Ts arrive healthy with this cold weather. My last online order caused the Rear horned Baboon i had ordered to be dead on arrival. :(
Your about 6 weeks, maybe more too late. Most are already in 2nd or third molt but thank you for the well wishes.

3 molts today, all must have happened while I was at work. Unfortunately I have no pictures because my camera is in the shop because the focus and flash stopped working. My tiny little A. Seemanni is not so tiny anymore it has jumped up quite a bit. My T. albopilosus is much larger and is way harrier, even before it fully hardens than it was before. I am pretty sure it is no longer a sling and is now a juvie. G. pulchra has molted as well and is also quite a bit larger, and it looks like my C. laeta will molt again any day now.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
3 molts today, all must have happened while I was at work. Unfortunately I have no pictures because my camera is in the shop because the focus and flash stopped working. My tiny little A. Seemanni is not so tiny anymore it has jumped up quite a bit. My T. albopilosus is much larger and is way harrier, even before it fully hardens than it was before. I am pretty sure it is no longer a sling and is now a juvie. G. pulchra has molted as well and is also quite a bit larger, and it looks like my C. laeta will molt again any day now.
I often wonder if molting releases a hormone other Ts can pick up on because it does seem to come in clusters