So I was watching the Discovery Channel...

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's final exam time here for me, so naturally I’m spending the day watching the Discovery Channel :rolleyes:

Anyways, they are doing a show on scorpions and there is footage of some sort of scorpion eating a redrump juvi tarantula. I wish I could be more specific, but I know nothing about scorpions.

I know scorpions are great hunters with built in weaponry but I mean, a T could SURELY take down a scorpion...right? right? ha-ha..

I’m actually reminded of another Discovery Channel show called “Animal Face-off” where animal experts, biologists, and zoologists take two animals that might meet in the wild and hypothesize about which would win should they ever fight.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless a T can get in there quick and over power the scorp then I would think the scorp would have the advantage most of the time claws and a stinger and body armor, verse fangs and soft body. Ofcourse it can depend on size and species and bla bla bla. The "what if's" here go on and on and on that't for sure.
It's fun to think about though I guess.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think i saw this same show your refering to.was a good doc on scorps but i got pretty angry when they set up all the shots using tarantulas as food and changed the channel lol.im sure a t could kill a tarantula but ive heard that scorpions in the wild will wander into there burrows and kill them

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Depends on species on both sides. And which one has the element of surprise.

But if a average size T would wander into a medium size scorp, and they both tried to kill the other (a key point that probably would not happen), I'd bet on the scorp. It has a tail it can ram into the softer skinned T.

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think the majority of the time, a scorpion would beat a tarantula, but of course it could depend on the type of T and type of scorp. Like a C.crawshayi adult female would most definately take down any scorp, while a Pandinus spp. can take on alot of Ts because of its size, but not all Ts.

I believe there was a thread awhile back, and I mean way back, where it was said that if in a contained area, Ts would win more often, and if out in the open with no limits, scorps would win more often. Or was it vice versa?:? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll try to find that thread.

Then again, anything could happen..