so I just caught a slug outside, wondering if I can keep them in an emclosure with Dubia and Lats

JayEx3

Arachnopeon
so I was out walking around 1 im the morning in NYC and came across a slug. I was wondering if I can keep them in an enclosure with my Dubia roaches and Pinhead roaches

Attachments

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can think of better ways to give your roaches an escape avenue, and from what I understand of slugs and snail's, they need their own microclimate to do well.

keks

Arachnobaron
Keep it in a separate enclosure. At the latest after a week you know why ^^.
Seriously: The slime of the snail is very hard to remove, it soils your enclosure for the roaches. We had some species of Achatina, I know what I'm talking of ^^.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Not to beat a dead horse here, but it seems to me the slug would be a fresh, tasty bit of very slow-moving protein for those cockroaches. I couldn't find anywhere that they're toxic, and I don't think their slime would be enough of a deterrent to work well.

keks

Arachnobaron
Not to beat a dead horse here, but it seems to me the slug would be a fresh, tasty bit of very slow-moving protein for those cockroaches. I couldn't find anywhere that they're toxic, and I don't think their slime would be enough of a deterrent to work well.
That is the next point, but I don't know much about the eating behavior of roaches, so I can't say anything. The slime is not toxic, I fed this naked snails of the thread opener to my Cuora flavomarginata. They were a very good prey for them and I found them in a high number.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
The slime would probably be enough to deter the roaches from straight up killing and eating it, but it probably wouldn't appreciate the constant harassment from roaches crawling around and such.