so I got bit by one of my wolf spiders

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Today, I felt like letting my wolf spider run around on my bed for a couple minutes so that she could get some time out of her kk. Well, she was looking tired of running all around, so i decide to put her back in her kk. I had her get on the back of my hand and she climbed on the back of my index finger. I turned my head for one second and i feel a sharp pain. She bit me! I was suprised that it didnt hurt at all. But anyways I got her off of my finger and I put her back in the kk. I take a closer look at the bite.....nothing! No evidence what so ever that there was a bite.

No redness, swelling, nothing.

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
But the thing that I don't get is why she bit me in the first place.

Anyone know?

I didn't aggravate her or anything in anyway.

victor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you could of smelled like something that she likes as in prey or just because she can and wanted to exercise her right lol

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
she probably felt threatened

Spiders do not "enjoy" having time outside their burrow/web/lair to "run around". The reason it was running was it was trying to find someplace to hide, and was likely exhausted and stressed from the exertion. The reason it bit you was because everything in its little pea-brain was telling it that it was in danger and that it should defend itself against any suspicious external stimulus.

Some T's will take being "outside" longer because they are bigger and perceive themselves to have less vulnerability, but wolfies are quite small in the big scheme of things, and are hard-wired to avoid being a snack.