so i bought a 3inch T.blondi.. but....

seanrc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im confused i see so many dif colors tan , black , etc etc.. mine is black .. are these just color pahses? or are they diffrent? also i see some have alot of hair and other dont .. im kinda confused... HELP! and the sad thing is that i allready have 14 dif T's i dunno why im so dumbfounded right now ..
thanks !

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had the same questions when I first got my blondi
it was kind of an orange color, and very fuzzy, didn't really look like a blondi at all
once it molted it turned black and not so fuzzy looking. its been about two months since the molt and shes starting to get the orange hairs back and looking more and more like the pictures you see
is it possible that yours just molted?

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
blondis tend to be very dark slate grey when newly moulted and then turn to a lighter reddish brown towards the moult. there is variation though, some become almost orange towards the moult and others are a less attractive dull grey.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
blondis tend to be very dark slate grey when newly moulted and then turn to a lighter reddish brown towards the moult. there is variation though, some become almost orange towards the moult and others are a less attractive dull grey.
I agree.

Are you sure your blondi is black?
I've never seen and doubt I will ever see a black blondi? Are you sure it isn't a dark brown or slate gray? Color matters so look more carefully.

Also google: T.blondi. I know for a fact there are over 40 pics of various sized blondis. Let us know how it goes and post a pics sometime! Here are my blondis!!

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
on the subject of blondi's

would a blondi be ok on moist wood chippings? i know not many people like wood chippings but they seem to not get mites like soil or coco fibre..

i have one on coco fibre now but noticed small white creatures in the substrate...somebody on here said it could be springtails and they look similar to the pic they provided....but these are really small ...maybe 1mm...are they springtails or something bad?