So Frustrating

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I made the mistake yesterday of mentioning to my mom that I wanted a dresser she had in her storage unit. Shes in the process of moving out of her house, and has decided to send the movers over today to deliver it. The dresser is supposed to go in my closet, which is also my snake room. I now have to figure out how to hide my rattlesnake, as well as 5 large rubbermaids for some new snakes Im getting this weekend.

Its perfectly legal for me to own the snakes, and my apartment complex doesnt even care. But my mom would have a coniption. Shes paranoid that a snake will get out and eat my Chihuahua, lol.

Im freaking out now, cause all I have is a small bathroom and pantry to put the cages in. Eek!

Im hoping that if I put the rattlesnake in the bathtub, covered by a couple towels, it wont rattle. Cause its a little pisser most of the time, and lets me know its not happy Im walking around anywhere near it, lol.

Oh what a day.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would just put all your pets in smaller than normal containers for the time being.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You should have put them in your car. {D Probaly one of the few "pets" that you could safely leave in a car all day, haha. ;) But then you have neighbors to worry about, personally, I don't think my condo association would care for any of my scorps, nevermind the hots ones.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am the most brilliant person ever. I put the rattlesnake in the bathtub, cage and all, and closed the curtain. Then, a couple hours later I went to take a shower, and forgot it was there. I turned the water on, and went off so it could warm up. I didnt realize the snake was there til I tried to step into the shower, and the cage was in my way. Poor little thing almost got a bath. Im glad the lid was securely closed, and the screen was on the other side of the water. I still have to change out the bedding, as it got a bit damp. :wall:

And after all of that, the movers never showed up to deliver the stuff. I have half of the things she gave me in the bed of my truck, and the other half are still in their van I guess. :wall:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I still go for the car idea... That's if she comes. Or did she already? Would have been an oops if you stepped through the top of the plastic tub. :(

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I still go for the car idea... That's if she comes. Or did she already? Would have been an oops if you stepped through the top of the plastic tub. :(

The problem is that now my truck is packed full of stuff that the movers have to unload. Im actually home free now. The movers are coming by themselves tomorrow, so she wont be here to see it. Then after the 1st, she wont even be in the state anymore. Not that that is a good thing. Ive just gotten close to my mom, and Im going to miss her like crazy.