So Do your Spiders do this aswell ? Or is this my little treat

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
As Ive said before He really likes to eat. lol My last one was a one at a timer. Unfortunatly my phone was charging at feeding time so I didnt get the movie. But I have a pic and I believe Ive captured all three crickets in its mouth, Or at least holding two live ones while he eats one. I saw one escape and it was a nice little frenzy to watch him recapture and hold in place. very great to watch it mighjt be in my dreams in a good kind of way haha. It happend twice. 2nd time one tried to hop away, but hopped into the glass and didnt get far. then the spider was like TAP,TAPTAP TAP ! BAp Hitting the glass in the frenzy and everyhtign. then he held it down again I think he was putting it down to reloacate his fangs to mucnch in a different spot. or a different cricket haha. these are adult crickets. heres the pic

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Boy is that a mouth full :astonished:
I've had a couple of my Ts grab more than one at a time but never that many

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
In the third pic we can see all the heads. And the same thing happens when I put 4 in I only did three this time. so see how it handles on the first meal after the molt. but hell do it with 4 of these ones. I havent pushed the bar with these bigger crickets. with the pinheads when I first got it I swear he caught seven. I started out small. But there was so much action every meal I started putting more in to see what my number is. after it caught all those smaller ones I upgraded to small crickets, not pinheads. then it molted, 4-5 days later started with three adult crickets. No prob at all :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
My G pulchrips would do to or 3 small crickets since I've moved to large it's only been one at a time not that a T with a big appetit LOL

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Boy is that a mouth full :astonished:
I've had a couple of my Ts grab more than one at a time but never that many
Ya haha I think myn knows Jujitsu. Hes had up to I believe six medium sized crickets. and usually 5 adult crickets dont last untill the next morning if I feed him before I go to bed. Unless theres a premolt going on. I wanted to drop 5 but thought thats a little risky being so close after the molt

basin79

ArachnoGod
I used to have an enormous adult female LP. She'd grab 8 adult crickets in one go. She'd just be sat there with a huge cricket ball.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
How bout Momma Neoholothele incei scooping up crickets for her slings first meal? ;)
20151111_075441.jpg

Or the opposite, Orphnaecus sp. "Panay" slings sharing one cricket? ;)
20151110_032314 (1).jpg

Abyss

Arachnoknight
When i feed crickets to adults yea, they will scoop up many at once. Its pretty neat

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Those who think like that are either uneducated or ill-informed.
I know, which is why I want them to see this so they go "oh!". :)

When I told friends I'm gonna get a T, they nearly all reacted as if I said "I'm gonna cut off my own leg!".
When I explained things and answered their questions, "eww!" quickly made room for "aha!".

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
*grabs Euathlus sp. Red and points to the picture* 'you see sweety? THAT'S how you're supposed to feed!' :shifty:

Awesome pics :D

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
My L. difficilis does this too! I've seen her munch four adult crickets at once before. I really ought to start feeding her dubia, ahaha.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My subadult A. geniculata and L. difficilis both like reducing multiple crickets to tiny mangled balls of exoskeleton, those girls are walking trash compactors.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My subadult A. geniculata and L. difficilis both like reducing multiple crickets to tiny mangled balls of exoskeleton, those girls are walking trash compactors.
Not mine, but:

How bout Momma Neoholothele incei scooping up crickets for her slings first meal?
Female southern house spiders (Kukulcania hibernalis) show an unusual level of maternal care, at least in captivity. Instead of merely guarding the sac or guarding the slings for a few days, the slings live in the mother's web for weeks. She will even share her kills with them. The slings will crowd onto the prey, as many as can fit. (The bolder slings will attack the prey while it's still struggling.)

When I have bred them, the maternal instincts wore off at around 4-6 weeks; it becomes obvious when the mother starts trying to avoid the slings.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I have not tested such things but i am very confident my AF theraphosa stirmi would take down as many prey items as i would potentially drop into her burrow. Getting some kicks recently watching her manhandle large nightcrawlers.

louise f

Arachnoangel
You haven`t met my Psalmopoeus. Cambridgei she is a vampire!! sucking the life out of everything she can :p:D:vamp::vamp: yup she`s a Darling <3 :kiss:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You haven`t met my Psalmopoeus. Cambridgei she is a vampire!! sucking the life out of everything she can :p:D:vamp::vamp:
Well, if one day you will turn into a Vampire Valkyrie (V.V) don't forget that you have in Northern Italy (Lombardy for being accurate) a einherji to pick up for the Ragnarǫk :kiss: