SO Close!!!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
My G. Pulchra sling was so close to catching a cricket! First off, his/her name is Damien. Anywyas, Damien went into that threat position where its abdomen is slanted upwards and its frontal arms are in the air. The cricket passed by and it pounced on it! Unfortunately, Damien missed. :( Did this ever happen to one of your Ts?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
It doesn't sound like he missed. More like the cricket was pissing it off, so he went into a threat posture and struck. Maybe it was too big or maybe he's not hungry/in premolt.

If it were hunting it, it wouldn't be threatening the prey... It would be as still as possible or very carefully stalking it.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
It doesn't sound like he missed. More like the cricket was pissing it off, so he went into a threat posture and struck. Maybe it was too big or maybe he's not hungry/in premolt.

If it were hunting it, it wouldn't be threatening the prey... It would be as still as possible or very carefully stalking it.
But he was. I think the cricket's too big.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Toss the cricket it in the fridge for a bit or squish the head then toss the body in with the T over night.

Twillis10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine do the same thing when they are pissed at the cricket, not trying to eat it. Ive had slings take down crickets as big as they are with no problem. but yea i also put in dead crickets overnight with my slings that wont eat, just make sure and take it out in the morning.