So at the local pet store.....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
.... is a A. seemani, perched over an egg sac. Now....being in a pet store and all, I am quite surprised she hasn't eaten it yet, being that I am sure that people bang on the glass all day, bright lights, etc...

So, question of the day is: Would you talk to them and ask to take the sac off their hands? I do not think they have the staff that would look after a lot of little eggs with legs very well...

What would you do? I have never tried raising t's before, and I know A. seemani is pretty common.....

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go for it-- what do you have to lose...the poor little buggers are doomed anyway.....at least with you they stand a chance! Let us know what happens!

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
save them

Ask if you can have the sac, at least the babies would have a chance. I doubt the store clerks would know proper sling care.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They'll end up throwing it away if you don't. They probably either haven't noticed it's there, or don't know what it is.

Save the slings!!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my experience with petstores, mostly with eggs, they just put them in the freezer so they don't develop. Most pet stores don't have the equipment to care for or incubate the babies.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay guys, I have a day off tomorrow, I will head down there and see what they say. Mayhaps someone can link me to the best way to take care of the sac, in case I get it?
I did take a pic with my camera phone, which is small and blurry. You'll see some legs and something white.... :)

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm going to take a pic of it with my digital cam when I go down there, as it doesn't look exactly like the A. seemani in the gallery pics.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hope the people allow the sac to be given over to your care. but definitely save the slings. the pet store people will not have a clue as to how to care for the slings.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All you can do is try. I'm sure they won't want to raise it themselves, and that they wouldn't know how.
Ask them and see what they say. If they won't let you take the sack, what about buying the female? Even if the sack does not hatch, you will know you have a female T.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mina does have a point there... at least you would have a proven female... hey if you offer to buy her, mabye they will give you the sac as well... but i would deffinitly try for the sac...

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
petstore sac

Im sad to hear about petstores cold-killing any eggsacs that are dropped from the Ts. Thats cruel, and just because they dont want the bother of taking care of the babies. Why cant they offer them to hobbyists instead? I go to a petstore pretty often, to talk Ts, and look over stock, so if I ever see a sac, Im definitely going to ask for it.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, alls well that ends well? I went down, and there was someone there looking at the t and its eggsac... Turns out a fellow AB member was there before me, and picked it up from them, so he got it, and I looked on..... but its in good hands now! :D

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes i have asked a store one time to take the sack and they told me that i have to buy the spider for 25 dollors so i was going to and they wouldnt let me take her out and she eat the sac as they were moving her so i did not get her i told them i did not want to have her anymore.