So angry with Petco

Versijewels

Arachnopeon
As some of you know I keep my Leela (A avic) in a vertically flipped 10 gallon monstrosity that we've made work until we could the exo terra nano tall. We ordered one from petco. I was so excited when we received it. I opened it, checked out the front. It was perfect! My husband and I immediately made plans to turn the top screen into plexi. My mom was visiting, and she was the one who noticed the massive crack in the back. My new home for Leela was unusable. Soooo disappointing! So, right back to petco it went. We were hopeful that we could get a replacement in store, but they aren't sold in stores. The employee told me (she actually has reptiles and taranrulas) that she never orders from petco because they pack horribly most of the time. She orders from amazon.

So, now I've had to wait until today to order from amazon. Leela seems fine still, but I don't like that tank. At all. Has anyone ordered a nano tall from amazon? How was the packing? Are the nano talls the best out there for an A avic?
Never give pet co or petsmart your money.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Oh, we did. And got the evil thing out. But... Michael's... Has anyone bought Michael's plants? For anything?
I'd say it probably varies between their fake plants. I'm sure most are okay. I tend to stick to silk plants meant for aquariums though. If you are gonna try a Michaels plant, rinse it first. This should make there is nothing on there that could harm the T.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just jumping in here for a few seconds to say I hate Petco. That is all.

Rouxd

Arachnopeon
I buy my exo terra things from pangea reptiles, packaged very well, fast ship, and have the best prices and they offer free shipping and coupons often. (I know you got one already but thought id mention it)

And a word of warning on fake plants from places that dont make pet safe stuff.... i bought some plants from hobby lobby to put in with my axolotls and the plant disintegrated in the water and killed all of them over night. I realize a tarantula cage doesnt have water in it to cause that kind of break down but just realize that bad stuff is still in there regardless. Just keep your plant choices in mind... not only i lost my year old babies i raised from 2" but that was quite an investment killed by 5$ plants. Not worth the risk imo.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
you can repair it with a glue or epoxy, virtually anything that can dry and bond, but if it's for a display specimen I guess it has to be perfect.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Okay... thank you. Another tiny thing. My hubbie got Michael's coupons and wanted me to go look at the plants. I did, but I wasn't sure about them. Has anyone used Michael's plants for avic clutter?
I've used them.

I clean them with mild soap and water before using them, in case they have any lubricants or other residue from the manufacturing process.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That. That is aggravating. You found a better deal. Petco (not poor Petko) is the doggone devil. I will never order from them again.

Will have to watch him. Seriously only watch Tom, but if this guy is good too, can't have too many gurus...
he has great video quality and a energetic personality, but hes far from someone id recommend for any good information. or advice. watch him for entertainment, not serious research.

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
Just jumping in here for a few seconds to say I hate Petco. That is all.
When their own employees tell you to go somewhere else, you know that it's bad! I get my crickets (when I get the noisy buggers) from our Pet Depot now. A locally owned pet shop. I like them. They care about the animals and the pet parents.

I've used them.

I clean them with mild soap and water before using them, in case they have any lubricants or other residue from the manufacturing process.
Still can't insert quotes to edited posts. If you want to combine these double posts and yell at me, I get it.

All I wanted to do was thank Ungoliant for posting about Michael's. I was uber paranoid about dyes and glues, but we have coupons and Leels needs much clutter. Now, I think she'll have more than she needs. I'm so excited. Damn screen just got replaced. Pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Still can't insert quotes to edited posts. If you want to combine these double posts and yell at me, I get it.
Select the desired post selecting +Quote. Then appears a extra button to insert quotes. Click on it, and choose the posts. Maybe there is a time limit?

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
Select the desired post selecting +Quote. Then appears a extra button to insert quotes. Click on it, and choose the posts. Maybe there is a time limit?
Ah, there might be a time limit. You might be right. This has happened to me several times, but each time has been quite an amout of time after the original post.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ah, there might be a time limit. You might be right. This has happened to me several times, but each time has been quite an amout of time after the original post.
Yes, there is a relatively small window during which you can edit your posts.
  • Standard Account: can edit within 12 hours
  • Active Account: can edit within 24 hours
  • Arachnosupporter: can edit within 36 hours
  • Arachnosupporter Plus: can edit within 48 hours