Snouted Cobra

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thats amazing, ive always been interested in venomous snakes, and ive always dreamed of going to africa specially south africa. consider yourself lucky:clap:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive said it on venomlist and ill say it here. I absolutely love your collection of hots.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics

Snakes scares the crap out of me but think Cobras are awesome:? .

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it might seem crazy to alot of people to keep the species Arietans keeps, but from what I have seen on other forums, he knows perfectly well how to keep them responsibly.

He also has some of the nicest specimens I've seen.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful cobra!!! since hots are illegal in TN ive um..."never kept any"... but i HEAR some of them can be a handful! ;)

Arietans

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
beautiful cobra!!! since hots are illegal in TN ive um..."never kept any"... but i HEAR some of them can be a handful!
Wild caught cobras can be a real handful, but usually they settle down quite well. The only unpredictable one's I have ever worked with are Forest Cobras and Cape Cobras.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YOUR'E NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful critters. The only thing that has ever kept me from keeping hot snakes is their ability to escape. I would never forgive myself if anyone around me got bit, and heaven forbid, died.

In the past I have kept some deadly critters. I used to have a stonefish and blue ring octopus. The stonefish grew to be around a foot. They are the deadliest fish in the world. And I actually bred the blue ring octopus. I ended up destroying around 100 of their babies after they were a few weeks old, because I couldn't keep them all and didn't want the responsibility of giving them to other people.

The big difference here is if those critters escaped, they died. They weren't waiting for your neighbor to to look in their closet for something. LOL

Take care,

Tom

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
YOUR'E NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful critters. The only thing that has ever kept me from keeping hot snakes is their ability to escape. I would never forgive myself if anyone around me got bit, and heaven forbid, died.

In the past I have kept some deadly critters. I used to have a stonefish and blue ring octopus. The stonefish grew to be around a foot. They are the deadliest fish in the world. And I actually bred the blue ring octopus. I ended up destroying around 100 of their babies after they were a few weeks old, because I couldn't keep them all and didn't want the responsibility of giving them to other people.

The big difference here is if those critters escaped, they died. They weren't waiting for your neighbor to to look in their closet for something. LOL

Take care,

Tom
thats true...i would feel bad too. but if snakes are PROPERLY housed...then they have about as much chance of escaping and ending up in your neighbors closet and the octopus.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wild caught cobras can be a real handful, but usually they settle down quite well. The only unpredictable one's I have ever worked with are Forest Cobras and Cape Cobras.
i can imagine! my "friend" had a timber rattler and a copperhead. both WC here in tennessee. the coperhead wasnt that bad...but that timber rat. was one of the meanest snakes ive ever seen.

Arietans

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys.

Rinkhals

i can imagine! my "friend" had a timber rattler and a copperhead. both WC here in tennessee. the coperhead wasnt that bad...but that timber rat. was one of the meanest snakes ive ever seen.
Lucky guy!! I would love to catch a Rattlesnake. Ask your "friend" what Timbers are like in general :)

Housing is a number one priority. Nothing but 100% secure is good enough

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang dialup! I've kept hots before but I've had so many things get out that I don't trust myself to keep them anymore. Some people are real good at at. I stopped considering it when I had a bad experience with a large Timber rat.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lekker Rinkhals !
My boet and me used to catch these back in Transvaal in the late 70's when we were about 13 years old.
Great days !
:clap:

Arietans

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lekker Rinkhals !
My boet and me used to catch these back in Transvaal in the late 70's when we were about 13 years old.
Great days !

Nou wat soek jy daar? :p