Sneaky little OBT

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My new OBT had me fooled until now. In the morning, he is curled up snuggly in a web. I go to bed at night and he's curled up exactly how he was in the morning....I figured he never moves. But NO, I just got up with the flashlight and checked on him and he is running all over his enclosure sticking his legs through the holes looking for an escape. Devious....

Attachments

Last edited:

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL, the things they must do when we are not watching :D

phily1579

Arachnopeon
I love my 4" obt. I call it the orange monster! God r they fast n mean!! My obt is named "jeanie" ;-)

RoseT

Arachnosquire
my obt 1'' sling is chilled.... a busy worker, but Ive never caught it running around trying to escape....very interesting sp, i love my sling.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love how OBTs are seen as both very fast and mean, yet those of us that own them would love to snuggle them! They really do have strangely adorable personalities!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I think OBT's are awsome they are active and pretty mean and they are beautiful. My sling OBT's name is Demon because how ruthless she is with her food. she is my most aggressive eater

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I've caught my OBT doing the same thing! They're so cute when they're sneaky like that! {D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
All mine has done for the past month is hide... I know it hasn't left because it has COMPLETLY enclosed itself into it's hide. Ya'll know what that means ;)

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All mine has done for the past month is hide... I know it hasn't left because it has COMPLETLY enclosed itself into it's hide. Ya'll know what that means ;)
New suit soon! I just fed mine a cricket for the first time. Took off the top of the enclosure really fast, threw it in and closed it. HAHA. He didn't budge. Make sure you post pictures when yours comes out of hiding even BIGGER!

Last edited:

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine ate then went into hiding for only 2 days before molting into this.

;P
I have yet to see any defensive behavior. (she?) hides from me.

Last edited:

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
web, congratulations!!!!!

morg - poke it a few times and see what happens;)

web eviction

Arachnolord
web, congratulations!!!!!

morg - poke it a few times and see what happens;)
So normally handling my T's doesn't bother me but after all the read up on the obt's had me a bit worried lol so when it came time to transfer this little doll I half to say it took a bit to loosen up and open the deli cup.... deep breath.... popped the lid lol and right out like lightning she was on my hand adrenaline pumped very quicklyafter that but soon faded as I noticed once she got to my hand she slowed way down and just Hung out! It was a great experience and I love my new obt...

PS... still a little nervous though lol

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Holy cow, I would have freaked if it ran out on my hand! I'm glad you didn't get bit and the OBT didn't get hurt. I'm sure I would have reacted and sent that baby flying.