Snails dont wake up.

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
Hello. My snails are sleeping for 3-4 monts. I washed them after this 2 guys wake up. One of them walk 1 day after again go to sleep. One of them still walk sometimes.I still keep wet the dirt. They have a lot of air holes. What can i do?Thanks

Snailientologist

Arachnosquire
Temperature could be an issue. Other than that they just seem to do that from time to time. What species do you keep and at what temperature do you keep them?

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
Monachoides Vicinus and 25*C. The dirt is wet and i opened a lot of air holes.Sometimes i open window. Do wind has effect on them?

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
Temperature could be an issue. Other than that they just seem to do that from time to time. What species do you keep and at what temperature do you keep them?
Monachoides Vicinus and 25*C. The dirt is wet and i opened a lot of air holes.Sometimes i open window. Do wind has effect on them?

Snailientologist

Arachnosquire
I'm not incredibly familiar with that one, but the temperature sounds fine for most snails. If it's native the temperature is likely not an issue. Humidity and temperature are the main reasons why snails go dormant, so if both of those are in order it may just be random? Illnesses can also cause inactivity but it's hard to tell. If there are pests or parasites in the enclosure this may be a defense. Are they forming a papery barrier? I'd say wait and see if any other red flags present themselves, otherwise just continue to care for them as usual. Replace the substrate, clean the tank, and bathe the snails if you think it might be parasites.

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
I'm not incredibly familiar with that one, but the temperature sounds fine for most snails. If it's native the temperature is likely not an issue. Humidity and temperature are the main reasons why snails go dormant, so if both of those are in order it may just be random? Illnesses can also cause inactivity but it's hard to tell. If there are pests or parasites in the enclosure this may be a defense. Are they forming a papery barrier? I'd say wait and see if any other red flags present themselves, otherwise just continue to care for them as usual. Replace the substrate, clean the tank, and bathe the snails if you think it might be parasites.
They didint make a barrier like paper. I saw a little worm like a insect with legs in dirt. But i placed my snails to bottle cap before this. I will wash them with warm water. Thanks

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
I washed them. Only one snail has wake up. Others are still sleeping.

Esekpaso

Arachnopeon
Any advice? Slime side of sleeping snails not visible.And they didnt make a paper barrier to him holes.

Snailientologist

Arachnosquire
If they are retreated far into the shell without any sort of barrier, that could be very serious. It doesn't sound like normal dormancy, and very well might be some sort of illness. Very little is understood about snail illnesses, so I'd say the best thing you can do is to keep taking care of your snails and don't get discouraged if their health declines. From what you have said you are doing everything right. Try to get them to eat. Wash their food extra thoroughly in case it has to do with parasites or even pesticides. Make sure they have a constant calcium source. These are all for general health and I certainly can't promise a recovery. Here's a link I found from a website where the author seems to have more experience with this: https://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/retracted.html. Best of luck and again, if nothing improves don't lose hope.