Snail Forum

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
I Know this may sound dumb, but since a lot of people own snails/slugs, why isnt there a specific forum for them? I mean, they vary from other insects. So, would it be a good idea to have something like a Snail/Slug forum?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
If that's the case, why don't we a have "Mantis" or "Cockroach" section? In my opinion, the spectrum of insects/invertebrates is too wide to give a forum for each. You know what I mean?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
I mean, those guys are quit similar, snails are actually way different, the shells, the jelly appearance, no legs, no eyes, very sensitive to light. I mean there's no reason to be specifically snails. There could be worms, in there too, but yes i know what you're sayin.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Well there's already a catch-all "Other Invertebrates" section, and as far as I remember I hardly see any posts made about gastropods so it'd be excessive to make a special subforum just for them.

I mean, I've LOVE it if slugs were more popular but unfortunately that's not how it is :(

cold blood

Staff member
1. There is already a place for "other invertebrates".

2. If this snail forum existed...would the pages not load very very slowly?

cold blood

Staff member
And very very tasty! Have you ever tried an old Lombardy recipe called 'Lumache in umido' (Snails in humid sauce)? Maaaan :hungry:
Nope, I draw the line at slimy critters...don't care much how delicious they are...hehe.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nope, I draw the line at slimy critters...don't care much how delicious they are...hehe.
Ah, too bad :)

I'd love to reach on a regular basis an old restaurant here near me, where normal people as well for politicians and even Serie A soccer players go for eat frogs and slugs... you will change your mind I tell you :kiss:

cold blood

Staff member
Now if I were at your home and you served them, I would certainly try them with an open mind...but Lombardy is a bit of a drive and my acura wouldn't do too well crossing the atlantic.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
I Know this may sound dumb, but since a lot of people own snails/slugs, why isnt there a specific forum for them? I mean, they vary from other insects. So, would it be a good idea to have something like a Snail/Slug forum?
Thanks for the suggestion. A lot of people own cats and dogs, yet you will not find a specific forum for them either. ;)

Debby