Snail emerging from sleep - what am I?

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I have to be honest. I clicked on the link with a very mocking tone in my brain. (If that makes sense.) BUT, that was actually really cool.. Thanks for posting!! :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome, it indeed looks to the the species thanks Zeph.

And demon, what did you wonder precisely? lol

I am amazed you guys watched 8 mins of a slug sluggin' away...
i bet you skipped :p

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
And demon, what did you wonder precisely? lol

I am amazed you guys watched 8 mins of a slug sluggin' away...
i bet you skipped :p
I kinda clicked on it thinking, (very, very sarcastically) "A snail? this'll be cool." :rolleyes: But then I sat there dumbfounded through the whole thing. I think it was the music. It reminded me of watching Fantasia as a kid. I willingly eat my sarcastic words, or thoughts as it were. ;)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
My Scaphinotus beetles used to attack these with glee. Unfortunately, they can climb surfaces that the beetles can not. Nice vid!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I kinda clicked on it thinking, (very, very sarcastically) "A snail? this'll be cool." :rolleyes: But then I sat there dumbfounded through the whole thing. I think it was the music. It reminded me of watching Fantasia as a kid. I willingly eat my sarcastic words, or thoughts as it were. ;)
haha glad you did like it and took the time to click it! :) I am glad my random choice of classical worked out. I almost changed it to a slow piano song to match the snails 'pace' but I thought this upbeat one would make a sort of sarcastic view of the snail being so slow...like 'haha the music is running while the snail is still crawling' i dunno. I watched this 4 times already... lol

My Scaphinotus beetles used to attack these with glee. Unfortunately, they can climb surfaces that the beetles can not. Nice vid!
aha poor snail. 'Gary' is cool. What does he eat? lettuce?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've seen these in every color you can imagine, my Grandma had literally hundreds of these at her house each year. My favorite was pink or purple shell, or pure black.

With so many colors and variations i'm surprised people dont keep them as pets, you could seriously have every color of the rainbow from these guys with shell and body variations. Look at some variations here- http://www.biodiversityislife.net/?...Polish_Cepaea_-_banded_snail_J_Silvertown.jpg

Last edited:

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its a curious snail- I have found shells of this one in countries around the globe- some exactly the same despite the variability of the species and that one shell was in Canada and the other in Italy. Have seen very few of them in the USA though.