Croops the Caribena versicolor

Exposure settings:
ISO 100
Aperture: f/10
Shutter speed: 1/125

Camera: Canon T3i
Lens: 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro

07CE3B02-658C-4C65-A05E-46997D74D102.jpeg

Out of all of my tarantula this is the hardest one to photograph and this series of shots were the first non-phone pics I have been able to get of it! Luckily while it was still blue, and it’s stretching out past 18mo to the 2yr mark and still blue:astonished:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Sometimes one needs to touch the bottom to really start to appreciate what he really have. Not only people, but everything else 😉

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Wow! @Smotzer -- great stuff! What photo stacking software do you use (for example, with the cicada)?

Smotzer

Arachnoking
Wow! @Smotzer -- great stuff! What photo stacking software do you use (for example, with the cicada)?
Thanks!!

and I just used photoshop! I could probably get better stacks if I used a purpose build software, but it’s achievable just through photoshop. I put all the different photos into one file uploaded as layers and then combine with only the infocus parts. It’s definitely not perfect and PS will mess things up from time to time.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
thank you!!! it was a journey!! it took me another 10-11mo from these pictures and almost dying of ODs/alcohol poisonings and suicide to be broken Enough to give up the fight. But on Oct. 16 2011 I had used it the night before, got kicked out ‘slept‘ on a church bench and found my way to an AA meeting the next day and have stayed in the rooms every since! it was a journey for sure! thanks for reading and commenting friend!!
Great job man, I’ve seen too many of these teenage addict stories. It’s really sad to see, fantastic to see you overcame yours though!