Smithis with Houdini bloodlines.

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
4 out of the 7 brand new smithi slings I got just vanished last night!.. :( I guess I made the holes too big or my wife got jealous and got rid of four before going to work this morning. My slings were about 1/4 inch and I swear I made the holes small enough to prevent escape. Can anyone relate?.. Even to the jealous wife theory?.. ::sniff sniff::

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i had a one inch one that i put in the small kritter keeper. i took the handle off of it one night, and it was gone the next day. never saw it again.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma smithi have an evolutionary trait which allows them to actually become "invisible" to the eyes of predators. Their cells actually curve in a way that makes them invisible to the naked eye when they feel threatened. When they do this however, they are unable to perform movement.

If you want them to come out of hiding just spray some water in the enclosure. H2O molecules attach to the bristles of the tarantula causing visibility.

Na I just made that all up.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Brachypelma smithi have an evolutionary trait which allows them to actually become "invisible" to the eyes of predators. Their cells actually curve in a way that makes them invisible to the naked eye when they feel threatened. When they do this however, they are unable to perform movement.

If you want them to come out of hiding just spray some water in the enclosure. H2O molecules attach to the bristles of the tarantula causing visibility.

Na I just made that all up.

You had me hooked for a minute there;P

PIG-

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
I was about to go and sift through the dirt for the 34th time