Smithi sling question.. Can you help me

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
I have a few smithi slings and I keep them separately in hobby containers that are 3x3x5 inch cube. The slings 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the most. I feed one pinhead a day and squirt some mist against one of the walls in the morning and at night. My concern is that I have a 1/2 inch piece straw in there for a hide and I tiny piece of driftwood in there to climb(drift wood is only about half an inch) and my smithis don't burrow or really use the straw to hide. I heard they don't like water but hang out most of the time on the wet half f the Eco earth. Is this normal for smithi slings to just hangout in the open all day like they have nothing to worry about and like the wet side of their enclosure? Or am I missing something.. Oh! Also I poked holes in all four corners and the top of their lid and their is no condensation on the other walls. Also the temperature is around 74-85 so I don't think that their too hot... All opinions are appreciated and welcome :) thanks for looking

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sling

If they are hanging out on the wet part I would say they are getting ready to molt......I had a B.Smithi sling(now adult)and when I first got the sling it stayed in the open but changed after the first molt in my care then, would hide most of the time....don't worry!

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
Thanks.. That's good to hear! I've been looking forward to my first molts. I heard before they molt they stop eating but these ones just keep eating. Should I stop feeding them and would I need to take out the piece of drift wood?. I'd post I picture but don't know how..

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
I have the same t and size. Mine just stands on top of the wood like he owns the place! Lol no hiding at all!

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few smithi slings and I keep them separately in hobby containers that are 3x3x5 inch cube. The slings 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the most. I feed one pinhead a day and squirt some mist against one of the walls in the morning and at night. My concern is that I have a 1/2 inch piece straw in there for a hide and I tiny piece of driftwood in there to climb(drift wood is only about half an inch) and my smithis don't burrow or really use the straw to hide. I heard they don't like water but hang out most of the time on the wet half f the Eco earth. Is this normal for smithi slings to just hangout in the open all day like they have nothing to worry about and like the wet side of their enclosure? Or am I missing something.. Oh! Also I poked holes in all four corners and the top of their lid and their is no condensation on the other walls. Also the temperature is around 74-85 so I don't think that their too hot... All opinions are appreciated and welcome :) thanks for looking
If you live in Hawaii, how did you get any Tarantula? They are illegal!!!!!

Jjpth

Arachnopeon
Lol.. Ya mines just run around like security guards and hit up crickets with no problem, but I was just hoping I didn't miss a step