smithi or smithii

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone know the correct spelling for the B. smithi(i)?? i have seen it written as both and was wondering if one was more correct. i realize either more than gets the point across. i guess its just my OCD that wants to make it perfect... LOL

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Correct current scientific name is Brachypelma smithi (F. O. P.-Cambridge, 1897) :)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
won't hurt to add mine.. Brachypelma smithi... just to confirm it a little bit more. :rolleyes:

Now the one to really consider is...

Aphonopelma seemanni or Aphonopelma seemani. I always wrote it Aphonopelma seemanni, but I've seen many people write it as Aphonopelma seemani. Which is it? Rick West has it as Aphonopelma seemanni I believe.

Last edited:

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
won't hurt to add mine.. Brachypelma smithi... just to confirm it a little bit more. :rolleyes:

Aphonopelma seemanni or Aphonopelma seemani. I always wrote it Aphonopelma seemanni, but I've seen many people write it as Aphonopelma seemani. Which is it? Rick West has it as Aphonopelma seemanni I believe.
Aphonopelma seemanni is the correct one I think. I always write it that way.

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Aphonopelma seemanni (F. O. P.-Cambridge, 1897) according to the WSC :)