Smithi moulting?

Gjtaylor

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I've recently bough a small bsmithi, it was very pale so presumed possible close to moult, anyway not eaten, etc etc. I was sold it with the enclosure and all was well. I have come home today and it's has completely buried its enclosure and itself! Most my t's just moult where ever, but is it normal for bsmithi story do this? Pic attached and really there is a hide in there, just been buried!! Cheers

Attachments

kooky

Arachnosquire
im not an expert but im pretty sure T's abdomens go very dark before moulting not pale. They get very big and very dark abdomens.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
It's likely that it's in the early stage of premolt, you'll know when they're in heavy premolt once the abdomen gets darker, Keep the waterdish filled and it should be fine until in emerges, consider the barricade as a not disturb sign.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
very normal. a lot of my brachy slings block the burrow entrance with dirt when in premolt.

Gjtaylor

Arachnopeon
Cheers guys, i know about dark abdomens etc the paleness was her overall colour, not very bright colouration. Her abdomen is completely covered (unusual for a hair kicking smithi I know lol) so can't see if it's dark, just presume she's getting ready for moult. Never had a smithi before so wonders this was normal for this genus
very normal. a lot of my brachy slings block the burrow entrance with dirt when in premolt.
thanks

basin79

ArachnoGod
My adult female is constantly out in the open. When she goes into her hide/tunnel I know she's getting ready to change her clothes.

Like has been typed, yours has set itself up in a safe place. They know best.

cold blood

Staff member
A t like you are describing is freshly molted. When it comes out, it will be very hungry.

It probably molted hours before you bought it.