Smeringus mesaensis (Pic)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you seen the white morph of this species? Golden Phoenix Exotica has them, they're gorgeous.

After the communal scorp tank, this is the next species on my wish list.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
That's a very cool looking scorpion, Scott. Nice freebie!

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
The mesaensis is much yellower color than I'm used to seeing...which by the way I think is much nicer than the more common beige color you usually see. There is something cool about that bright yellow color. What is the temperment of it so far...is it quick to go into a defensive posture?

John
];')

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful!

Great looking scorpion , Scott! I think i'll have to get one with my upcoming T order from Kelly! It will be my first scorpion, I've been researching their care for a while. All the experts tips and opinions here will be greatly appreciated!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Kugellager
What is the temperment of it so far...is it quick to go into a defensive posture?

John
];')
Definitely an agressive little bugger. When I was trying to get it out of the condiment cup it was it, it attacked the paintbrush. Latched on with pincers and started stinging the brush. Would've been funnier if I didn't jump and almost knock the whole enclosure to the ground. I just wasn't expecting it. Don't know why I jumped really, it's a 12" paintbrush. Just a natural reaction I guess... :)

Scott

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I figured as much. I heard they were little aggressive SOB's

John
];')

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Definitely an agressive little bugger. When I was trying to get it out of the condiment cup it was it, it attacked the paintbrush. Latched on with pincers and started stinging the brush. Would've been funnier if I didn't jump and almost knock the whole enclosure to the ground. I just wasn't expecting it. Don't know why I jumped really, it's a 12" paintbrush. Just a natural reaction I guess... :)

Scott
what is the size on those? I looked in my "Scorpions" book by Manny Rubio and it shows the venom as being only one skull (which means mild venom along the likes of imperators and hadogenes) very cool looking scorpion, I am gonna have to check Darrin's site and see what these guys sell for.
Ed

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Sounds about right. I think mine is about 3 1/2 from chelcirae to telson. Most of that is tail.... Nasty temper on this little bugger. I love it. Should be getting 2 C. vittatus this weekend. The scorp collection is growing. Maybe it can be a scorpion quad soon.... :)

Scott

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Scott,
Those S. mesaensis are great although you have to keep one per enclosure. They can also take temps down to the 50's F. I believe I got mine from Darrin years ago also.
Best..
Jim

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. Demille

Scott,
I'm sorry, this just begs to be said. I can just see you new charge (beautiful, btw). Perhaps something like this goes through its head, "Flash that friggin thing at me one more time, and I'll give you a closeup you'll not soon forget." *g* You can just see its already ready. "C'mon. Lean in. Closer...Closer..CLOSER STILL!" *LOL*=D :eek: :rolleyes: ;P
Gillian