Smeringurus Vachoni?

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
anyone ever kept or seen any Smeringurus vachoni? I've always wanted/needed one but apparently they are kinda rare, a little info on them on the golden phoenix exotica site says they have some for breeding stock, but they dont have any for sale yet...if anyone has any info on these, I know they are pretty similar to S. mesaensis, but if anyones got any or knows where I can get some let me know...

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They occur in arizona, Smeringurus vachoni are lithophiles and you'll find them on cliffs and rocky volcanic hillsides strewn with talus.

Look for them on vertical surfaces.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Pinchers and Pokies would be the best source to purchase some from. Good luck! Only wild Scorps I found in abundance have been v. Spin....

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I can find tons of vachoni in the right spot, the key is talus slopes, this is something they need.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
A neat bigger bodied species. Contact Tripiron here on AB.

Trille

Arachnopeon
They occur in arizona, Smeringurus vachoni are lithophiles and you'll find them on cliffs and rocky volcanic hillsides strewn with talus.

Look for them on vertical surfaces.
Are they semi-arboreal? Should one put some vertical bark in their enclosure or something?

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
i’ve had a S. vachoni for about 3 years now and it’s probably one of my favorite little scorps. fairly easy to keep as well. no problems molting and they’re always ready to eat. as for the vertical rocks for them in the enclosure, i’ve got several different rocks ranging from vertical to horizontal and mine has always dug out a scrape underneath the flat rocks, so maybe give them some options so they can choose what they want to do? but yes they’re usually found around talus slopes / rocky hillsides.