Smallest Threat Display Pictures?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What's the smallest tarantula you've seen show a threat display?

Did you take pictures?

I didn't have my camera, but while unpacking some C. shioedtei slings (<1.5") the second one in flew out of the vial into its enclosure and popped those little legs in the air!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The smallest I've seen is my 1.5" C. fimbriatus. That little thing actually comes to the entrance of its burrow and throws a threat every so often when I open the lid. I love this species :D

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I have a little 1 inch P. metallica that threat postures every time I walk near his enclosure.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I think I might have received a threat pose from my 1/4" Lasiodora difficilis, but they are really too tiny to tell. I did try to get a photo, but couldn't. I can't really tell with him because they have these really long front legs and they always have them sticking way out front. I might be jumping the gun and they were just reaching their legs out.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
My very first ever captivethreat display was a couple days ago. It was a approx 2.5-3" dls Aphonopelma hentzi the day I received him. As I put him in his new home he very lazily reared back as if to say "come on man I was napping"

All I could think was....aww that's adorable

truecreature

Arachnoknight
I've had a ~1" GBB sling throw a threat pose at a cricket once when it went into premolt and didn't want to eat. Didn't get a picture of it though

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ones without a photo are - LP at 1" and H. Gigas at 1.5"

Here is recent addition E. Olivacea at 1.5" a couple of days ago -

Edit: forgot about P. Lugardi at 1" too :)

Last edited: