Smallest mature male ever?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is what I thought was a L. parahybana.
I've had it for about 4 molts. It was 1/2" when I bought it online.
It molted three days ago and it grew about 1/2". You can see its size from the pics. I'd say its maybe 1 3/4" now.

Please help me ID this guy..
I think its a freak of nature..

Ernie

Attachments

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ernie, looks like a G. rosea (red phase) to me. I have a couple good sized (4 inches plus) female L. parahybanas available if you're interested. Send me a private note. John

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by belewfripp
Looks like a Paraphysa to me.

Adrian
Good call, Adrian, maybe you're right. I have a female Paraphysa manicata that looks just like my rosea only 2/3 the size. Haven't seen it in red tint though. John

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by tarantulakeeper
Good call, Adrian, maybe you're right. I have a female Paraphysa manicata that looks just like my rosea only 2/3 the size. Haven't seen it in red tint though. John

I ordered a P. scrofa ( Chilean Copper ) in that order.
I must have lost track of what I had, where.
My sheet says they mature at less than 3"..

Ernie

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Ernie!

Yes, that is definately a P.scrofa. I have one just like it. I think they are beautiful, with lots of differant highlights of colors. How long did you have it, Ernie? I know you mentioned you had it for 4 molts, but they can take a long time to molt. Kind of surprising that it would be mature at such a small size. I guess they are a true "dwarf" species.:)

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. scrofa

Great colors. Looks like a P. scrofa to me. Here's a pic of a female.

N-Joy
Art

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Hey Ernie!

Originally posted by minax
Yes, that is definately a P.scrofa. I have one just like it. I think they are beautiful, with lots of differant highlights of colors. How long did you have it, Ernie? I know you mentioned you had it for 4 molts, but they can take a long time to molt. Kind of surprising that it would be mature at such a small size. I guess they are a true "dwarf" species.:)
I think I've only had this guy for about 7-8 months.
I was shocked when I saw its tibal hooks.
He sure is a pretty boy though.

John (Tarantulakeeper),
You have a female P.scrofa?

Ern

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I was "hooked" into buying the prettiest red-phase g. rosea that I had ever seen! Boy was I surprised when "she" came out of a molt with hooks at only 3"! I found out later that it was indeed a p. scrofa. I purchased a female for him, they mated, and she had him for dinner.... literally. She was WAY TOO FAST for me to prevent it although I tried.

They do have an awesome coloring though, and are really docile. I had named mine "Hot Cheeto" 'cuz he was the EXACT color of them!!! I bought one by accident, but fell in love with them anyway!!