Small video camera to mount in cage?

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Basically...I'm curious if anyone has found a small camera (like a little security camera or "nanny cam" I guess) that can be on the tarantula cage if you want to record a long period of time then review the footage later via fast forward to capture molting or other activities, then delete and recorder over again.

A cheap solution - does not have to be stellar quality. There are so many different kinds of security cams, lots of them take video and stream it to you if you are away - I am looking for something that can record so you can zip through.

of course it would also need to have infrared or some solution for light that would not bother the tarantula. I figure some of the hobbyists may have found a good solution.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used a brinno timelapse camera for a little bit. Quality wasn't all that fantastic, though. Now, if I really want to catch something, I use a selfie stick with my phone attached to it and rig it up where I can see everything. Lol

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I have a little LightDow 4000 action cam... may try mounting it in one of their enclosures for fun one day, hmm.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The only idea of placing such a modern, deranged, definitely wicked and insane, technology device where a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- gently sleep, is HERESY!

:-s

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You don't leave it there more than a few hours. Why would webber Ts be a problem?
OP wrote "to record a long period of time then review the footage later via fast forward to capture molting or other activities, then delete and recorder over again." so I pictured a regular enclosure fixture; and then I amused myself picturing a heavy webber using it as an anchor point and and eventually all you'd get is a white blur. :happy:

I suppose you could mount it outside enclosure but I never get good pix through glass... er acrylic.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The only idea of placing such a modern, deranged, definitely wicked and insane, technology device where a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- gently sleep, is HERESY!

:-s
It'd be real interesting to set up a red light and turn on the motion activation to see what the Goddess does at night..

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It'd be real interesting to set up a red light and turn on the motion activation to see what the Goddess does at night..
No, heresy! No mortal shall dare to disturb or try to uncover Her secret rites, the burrow of the Goddess is just like the tomb of the Pharaoh, a sacred place where no Nathan Drake is allowed :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, we checked those tombs a while back. :p
And the curse of the Goddess is even more stronk, beware :)

Remember the 'Chinese Hells' of 'Big Trouble in Little China' movie with old good Kurt? Well, those are nothing, compared u_u