Small Update - Pictures

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Picture 1: Vaejovis starting to molt this week. If this is a male, it's finally mature, and if female, one molt and 50 more years to wait. {D
Picture 2: Gravid H trilineatus getting bigger everyday, can't wait to have little tikes of this species.
Picture 3: C margaritatus "yellow morph", closer to maturity every couple weeks. Now all I4, except for one female has yet to molt again. I have sexed all at I3 and I'm extremely anxious to see how many I am correct on, few more months.
Picture 4: Growth so far for the C margaritatus.

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cool pics didnt know that they leave the skins is such good condition, but thats prob because am a noob and mine has not molted yet

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Looper,

Yes, 99% of the time the molt is left in shockingly good condition. Unlike herps, which usually live mottled around molts all over the place..... usually. The first and smallest molt on the bark has a bent tail, I did that putting it back on the bark for the picture, although I didn't have to since the scorpion didn't move for the entire photo session, I did not want to use my fingers. Otherwise, the molt would have looked as snazzy as the second molt.

Thanks for looking,
Ed

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's crazy, Ed! I'm always amazed by the size difference between the exuvium and the new scorp, but that first pic is just . . . :eek:!

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great shots Ed...geeeze, I wish our scorps shed their skins without fuss. Some big size jumps there.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Tadas,

Sex for them is by the metasoma, which is longer in males. From what was evident to myself, I could see the dimorphism at the early stages of life. From the looks I have 3 males, 2 females. But of course, sexing this early is always subject to change. But I do hope I remain correct. 3.2.0 is a nice little group of these beats!

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Mark,

These guys are a tad fussy, but they do get a lot bigger once they do molt. I have some I5 V coahuliae that need to molt, and I expect them to at least double, if not more, in size. They ballooned less than 5 days after they're last molt... and haven't gotten any smaller since. This picture is not very long after they're last molt a couple months ago....pigs! Also, I forgot until now... soon I will be able to try your molting method with the vial! Last time I went to try it and discovered they had all already molted, lol.