Small tarantula not eating for weeks after molt

Ogut

Arachnopeon
Hello,
As always I have a question about my va. 5.5cm T. vagans.
She molted about 2 weeks ago but since then she refused food and just runs away from it.
I am offering her dubia roches that are a bit smaller then her abdomen.
What I also observed is that she goes to her water dish regularly, takes a sip and then returns to her burrow.
She is also webbing up her burrow entrance just to break it again when going drinking.
Should I continue trying a feeding attempt every day or should I wait for some kind of signal from the T?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
No I have not. Might she be terrified of live food, and if so, why is that?
Another option is try a different feeder. I’ve had T’s avoid one type and take another. But if it’s drinking like you say, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. More important that they hydrate after a molt than eat.

Ogut

Arachnopeon
Another option is try a different feeder. I’ve had T’s avoid one type and take another. But if it’s drinking like you say, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. More important that they hydrate after a molt than eat.
I think I will try different feeders and pre killing. I hope I can get them somewhere in times like this.
But just to be sure, if she was potentially starving would she still run from the dubias due to her not liking this type of feeder?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I think I will try different feeders and pre killing. I hope I can get them somewhere in times like this.
But just to be sure, if she was potentially starving would she still run from the dubias due to her not liking this type of feeder?
I can’t say for certain, just from personal experience. My T.albo will run from Dubias or throw a threat pose. It’s 50/50 with super worms. But drop in a cricket... takes it every time. T’s can be weird.

Ogut

Arachnopeon
I can’t say for certain, just from personal experience. My T.albo will run from Dubias or throw a threat pose. It’s 50/50 with super worms. But drop in a cricket... takes it every time. T’s can be weird.
Alright then. I'll try crickets. Thanks for your advice.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
At two weeks post molt, starvation should be your last concern...and no, a famished T would pounce for sure. Sometimes they just take longer to pick up on eating again.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Alright then. I'll try crickets. Thanks for your advice.
No worries. It’s just an option. I’m positive your T is fine, especially if it’s drinking. Let us know how it goes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She molted about 2 weeks ago but since then she refused food and just runs away from it.
She's not to ready to eat by what you wrote. I've had Ts drink a lot, but not ready to eat. Which is fine by me, that keeps up their hydration!!!!

Might she be terrified of live food, and if so, why is that?
Maybe...prey could be wrong size, "wrong" time of day, had Ts refuse during the day (not surprise), and eat towards dusk, some don't care.