Small Scorpion?

BedroomZooKeeper

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys

I am limited on space but was thinking of getting a scorpion, what types generally stay small that don't need a big enclosure?

Large Clawed scorpions are only 3" but I can't find anywhere in UK that sell them. Any other suggestions please?

Cheers

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
The Scorpio Maurus stays pretty small or if you can find a Vaejovis Waueri... :)

Last edited:

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Liocheles australasiae stay small, are quite interesting, and have parthenogenic populations.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Guys

I am limited on space but was thinking of getting a scorpion, what types generally stay small that don't need a big enclosure?

Large Clawed scorpions are only 3" but I can't find anywhere in UK that sell them. Any other suggestions please?

Cheers
You will struggle to find scorpions over here in the UK. I have been looking for quite sometime to no avail.
Beside the emperor / dictator that are basically all over the place, I only saw the Arizona desert scorpion (Hadrurus arizonensis) come up once and that's it.
Have not seen anything else on offer.

BedroomZooKeeper

Arachnopeon
Crazy hard to find which is odd considering they are parthenogenic. Been looking for one of these for a while
The Spider Shop have them at £16 each. Bit steep for one tiny one. The larger scorps are cheaper! Lol!

You will struggle to find scorpions over here in the UK. I have been looking for quite sometime to no avail.
Beside the emperor / dictator that are basically all over the place, I only saw the Arizona desert scorpion (Hadrurus arizonensis) come up once and that's it.
Yeah, we don't have much of a selection unfortunately.

Seen these earlier, I have bought a small spider sling to keep one in. 10cm deep by 12cm wide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
dwarf wood scorpion (liocheles australasiae), dune scorpion ( Smeringurus mesaensis) - this one may be more available than hadrurus arizonensis but that one grows huge and you don't want that.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Consider one of the numerous Euscorpius species.

LMacWilliam

Arachnopeon
Beside the emperor / dictator that are basically all over the place
That's funny i'm looking for P. Imperator and P. Dictator and cant find any but i keep seeing loads of other species. Do you mind telling me where you find them? i must be looking in all the wrong places

basin79

ArachnoGod
Paravaejovis confusus and other Paravaejovis sp are small scorpions and are available regularly in the UK from the usual places like BugzUK and TSS.

basin79

ArachnoGod
That's funny i'm looking for P. Imperator and P. Dictator and cant find any but i keep seeing loads of other species. Do you mind telling me where you find them? i must be looking in all the wrong places
BugzUK are/where getting some Imps in.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Hi Guys

Cheers
If you are still looking for these there are two online dealers with them in stock.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
There are very few Pandinus as they are CITES Annex B and imports are not allowed.
You can find several species of Heterometrus, Hadrurus are often seen, and Vaejovius are listed too.

Tommarsh1990

Arachnopeon
There are very few Pandinus as they are CITES Annex B and imports are not allowed.
You can find several species of Heterometrus, Hadrurus are often seen, and Vaejovius are listed too.
I recently got into the hobby and recently I have seen a lot of Pandinus imperator available but not on sites like the spidershop. I bought 12 since June and starting my own breeding project. If you need a link of people selling them , then Preloved has a good few people selling them ATM

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I recently got into the hobby and recently I have seen a lot of Pandinus imperator available but not on sites like the spidershop. I bought 12 since June and starting my own breeding project. If you need a link of people selling them , then Preloved has a good few people selling them ATM
There are very few. I saw three people, asking between £65 and £125 each.

Tommarsh1990

Arachnopeon
There are very few. I saw three people, asking between £65 and £125 each.
I got mine at a better price with mark d on Preloved because i bought more then 1 and he seems to have a lot ready and a few females gravid ready for more in the future

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I got mine at a better price with mark d on Preloved because i bought more then 1 and he seems to have a lot ready and a few females gravid ready for more in the future
Sounds like an illegal import to me im afraid. Very few people breed them, which is why they jumped from £10 each in shops for wc adults to £150 + for cb. I cannot imagine that anyone would willingly sell gravid females when the babies are highly sought after and go for a high price.
There have been a number of large imports seized as they have no CITES permits. Which means there will still be some that did get smuggled in.

Tommarsh1990

Arachnopeon
Sounds like an illegal import to me im afraid. Very few people breed them, which is why they jumped from £10 each in shops for wc adults to £150 + for cb. I cannot imagine that anyone would willingly sell gravid females when the babies are highly sought after and go for a high price.
There have been a number of large imports seized as they have no CITES permits. Which means there will still be some that did get smuggled in.
Sorry I didn't mean he was selling his gravid females just that he had some for more babies to seek in the future

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Hi Guys

Cheers
My 2 large claws arrived yesterday. Listed as 1cm but they were bigger than that. Just £6 each. Both were healthy, lively and active.