Small Piece Of Stuck Molt?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I recently bought a ~4" female Grammostola sp. from a LPS. It'd seem that she molted recently, and a small piece (maybe half an inch long) didn't quite come off and is stuck to the top of her abdomen. It's mostly unattached except through a couple hairs, and doesn't seem to be bothering her any.

So, to my question; should I attempt to remove the piece of molt? Or is it not worth stressing her out/making her mad and potentially pulling out some hairs in the process? If it isn't necessary to pull it off I'd rather not, and I don't quite see why it would be necessary since it isn't squeezing any body parts, but I figured I'd ask a more experienced lot their opinions on the matter. :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it's not interfering with her or causing no distinct discomfort then personally I wouldn't touch it Just leave her an see how she does. In the meantime try and post a quick pic so we can be sure

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
shed v 2.png shed v 3.png Here are a couple. It's difficult to see/get a good shot so I outlined it in red. I'll leave it for the time being, highly doubt it'll cause any issues. Just wanted to get a second opinion, so thank you! :)

sasker

Arachnoprince
My B. smithi had a similar patch of old skin on her abdomen after her last molt. She walked around with it for about 4 weeks before it fell off by itself. I was also a bit worried about it, but I decided that - if it was something serious - pulling it off would not improve things. Looking at your pictures, I think your T is not in grave danger. The worst case scenario is probably that she will just look funny until her next month :)