small fangs

SandKing

Arachnosquire
my fiend has an albo and it recently molted.after the molt it seems that her fangs became smaller.is there any problem on her molting?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they look to have broken off in the molt

just make sure it eats and it should molt out again fine.

if you use roaches try to feed freshly molted(white) ones.
they wont have to try to get through an exoskeleton.

moose

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^I agree here. It will probably speed up the molt process itself if it feels it's fang damage is too much a hindrance to catching/killing prey. I'd watch the feeding behavior and if it does well, just let nature take it's course.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I cant tell for sure from the pic if you could get a pic of just the fangs that might help but in the case they are broken which they may be i remember a few people making roach soup by crushing roaches in a bowl of some type. I tried this and it didnt work for a T. blondi i had but other report better results.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Broken fangs. It looks like there's a dead feeder in there. Was she fed too soon after the molt? People say they won't eat if their fangs aren't hardened but I've seen them do it. If that T was fed just a few days after the molt it may have broken them off in the prey item. Looking at the fangs as they are in the pic it still wouldn't be ready to eat even if the fangs wer fine.