Sluggish

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does anyones G rosea get slow before a molt ? please help:? :(

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I'm in the same boat. I think they do, but not sure. Mine is all funky. VERY slow and stubborn and lethargic. :(

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine used to be energetic but suddenly it became slow

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
How long has it been since the last molt?:?
What size is she?:?
Did she go off food?:?
Is her butt bald?:?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she won't eat i got her in Nov-Dec dunno she hasn't molted in my care no bald spot and she is about 3.5inches

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
If she hasn't eaten since then, I would definitley HOPE it's a molt. However, rosies often go off food for a YEAR!

They DO slow down a bit when their time comes, it probably wouldn't hurt her to up the humidity a tad, if it IS molt time that will help her through it.

Unfortunately, sluggishness is impossible to diagnose and you will probably have to wait and watch for some time before you DO figure out what's up. Ts like to make us anxious, then watch us get all crazy, THEN do whatever it is they were gonna do!=D

That is, if you are SURE it's a female. Could it be a postultimate male?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol i think its a female also i did raise the humidity and she is a little mor responsive

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmmmmmmm.........my rosie has been sucking in water like it's going out of style. Plus her abdomen is extremely huge. She's also gone very dark near her abdomen as well. Now she's either molting (And it's taking her forever to do this too.) or she's gravid.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if you can see the skin of her abdomen at all and it's gotten really dark, then it should definitely be a molt.

otherwise, you might just want to keep offering one or two prey items and then remove them after an hour.

that said, i'd make sure her water dish is filled and clean and just keep an eye on her.

sometimes mine will be really active and then sometimes she's a total pet rock. :) i've found that a lot of people's tend to gravitate behaviors too.

just be observant and try not to worry. good luck!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
if you can see the skin of her abdomen at all and it's gotten really dark, then it should definitely be a molt.

otherwise, you might just want to keep offering one or two prey items and then remove them after an hour.

that said, i'd make sure her water dish is filled and clean and just keep an eye on her.

sometimes mine will be really active and then sometimes she's a total pet rock. :) i've found that a lot of people's tend to gravitate behaviors too.

just be observant and try not to worry. good luck!
I know you were mostly addressing Redips' post but I'll keep that in mind too. ;)