Slowly growing collection.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So as stated in the title, my scorpion collection is slowly growing. There is now a whole shelf in the T room dedicated to scoprions, lol. Here a few pics of what I have so far.

0.0.1 Pandinus cavimanus (spelling?) I have this scorp for almost a year and my friend had it for almost a year and so far it hasnt molted. This is the only shot of him that I could get.

0.0.2 Pandinus imperator. Siblings.

0.0.XX C.vittatus. There are only two pictured, but I have a bunch more, Im not sure of the exact count.

0.1 C.vittatus, the mother of all of the scorplings

2.1.0 C.gracilis. The only one that wasnt hidden in wood pieces was this male. You can see the tail of the other male in the upper left hand corner.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Should they be moist? I spray the enclosures once a week during feeding time. Should I keep it more moist?

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Should they be moist? I spray the enclosures once a week during feeding time. Should I keep it more moist?
for species like p.imperator i never mist, i have a condiment squirt bottle i wet the substrate with, but for non burrowers u should mist along with wetting down substrates.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they are tropical species
I'm guessing your speaking about the Pandinus only? The vittatus don't require a high level of humidity and the gracilis will tolerate a misting once in a while, but its not mandatory as long as they have a full water dish.
Keep the pics coming J.Huff!:cool:

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks! Im looking forward to getting some new scorps. Probably in a few months.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jake... The C. vittatus do not need it super wet.. The babies need it a bit more humid than the momma.. But not much.. The reason babies need it more humid is for the molts.. This specie is prone to get mycosis (Spelling?) if kept to humid...

I personally kept all of mine at room temp & humidity.. I had very few losses due to bad molts.. Most were due to being eaten.. At young ages if not fed enough they will eat each other..

Im sure you know most of what I am already telling you.. I just feel I should share my exp. that I had with them..

I have raised 100's of C. vittatus.. From birth to adults..

The adults are less likely to eat each other if you skip a meal.. But they will if you go to long without feeding..

With the momma you do not have to ever mist her.. EVER! Just leave a bottle cap with water & she will be fine..

The babies.. Only mist the substrate on one side.. Just enough so they can drink.. But make sure it does not make a puddle of water.. They will get stuck in it & could possibly die.. Just be sure the substrate soaks the water & you should be fine..

The emp. babies.. Keep their substrate moist.. They need the humidity.. If they are not kept humid enough when they molt they can get stuck in their molts.. I had 3 baby emps. shipped to me a few days after they were born.. I misted their small enclosure 3 times a week.. They molted a couple times in my care before I sold them..

I cant really offer a whole lot on the emps. though.. I only had 3 babies for a couple molts..

Anyways.. I hope I helped some.. Congrats on the scorp. collection..