slings

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so here i am a few days ago, about to order some slings... really really want a smithi, when right before i do i turn on the news... the weather guy is sitting there with a big radar behind him saying "hey, we're getting three feet of snow tomorrow..." :8o sigh... well, just thought i'd let that steam off, and ask a ?
what would be the best container to keep a 1/2" sling in? anything in particular that I should keep in mind?

anyways, thanks...
-Joshua

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I keep my 1/2" slings in baby food jars. Use a nail or something small to put nails in the lid, the number of holes depends on the ventilation and humidity needed.

Leanne

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try to use a clear cottage cheese type container, I purchased a bunch of these from e-spiderworld, they have lids which are ventilated.

Andy

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep mine in their vials until their legs span is about equal to that of vial. Then I would go to something a bit bigger. I personally use acrylic boxes that I get from Micheals Hobby Shop, and adapt to either terrestrial or arborial use. But a babyfood jar or a deli cup would be fine.

Here is a link for my instructions on making the boxes if you are interested.

Directions for rehousing s'ling too big for vial

Jon