Slings not feeding

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
i have 1 M balfouri, 1 caribena vericolor,
1 obt, and Honduran curly hair. all my spiders are under the 1 inch mark execpt the obt 1 - 1.25. ive tried feeding multiple times within the last 2 weeks but none of them are accepting food. im using small pinhead crickets. ive tried frozen and live and neither are working. am i just overreacting? are the chances that there all in premolt? or could there be somthing seriously wrong? any help would be great.
thanks everybody

Trenor

Arachnoprince
i have 1 M balfouri, 1 caribena vericolor,
1 obt, and Honduran curly hair. all my spiders are under the 1 inch mark execpt the obt 1 - 1.25. ive tried feeding multiple times within the last 2 weeks but none of them are accepting food. im using small pinhead crickets. ive tried frozen and live and neither are working. am i just overreacting? are the chances that there all in premolt? or could there be somthing seriously wrong? any help would be great.
thanks everybody
Take a few photos so we can see what they look like.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
They all look nice and healthy to me, I wouldn't worry too much. Except for the first pic with the pinkish red lid. I would rehouse that one. You may end up with an escaped T if you leave it in there. Anything the size of their carapace, they can squeeze through. If the 3rd pic is the versi, and it's bigger, just swap containers with the 1st T. The versi needs more height.

How long are you leaving prekilled in for though?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
They are all nice and plump so I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure they have water and the substrate stays lightly damp (not soggy). Wait a few days and try again. I'd leave the prekilled in over night and take it out the next afternoon.

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
sorry for the poor photos.. and i wont put my hands near a obtoo9
They all look nice and healthy to me, I wouldn't worry too much. Except for the first pic with the pinkish red lid. I would rehouse that one. You may end up with an escaped T if you leave it in there. Anything the size of their carapace, they can squeeze through. If the 3rd pic is the versi, and it's bigger, just swap containers with the 1st T. The versi needs more height.

How long are you leaving prekilled in for though?
i feed early am like 8am and ill leave it in there most of the day i say at least 14 hours. the first time i tried i left for about a day and a half and nothing

Trenor

Arachnoprince
sorry for the poor photos.. and i wont put my hands near a obtoo9

i feed early am like 8am and ill leave it in there most of the day i say at least 14 hours. the first time i tried i left for about a day and a half and nothing
Try feeding in the evening and leaving them in over night at least. Mine always eat better overnight.

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
For Sure. my substrate is always moist.
as for water my brachy always tips it over so i never leave one in there all the others always have water

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
i feed early am like 8am
Well, that's not ideal. Tarantulas are nocturnal and are more active at night. Try feeding in the evening and leaving it there until the following afternoon.

As others have said, they look plump. I wouldn't worry at all. Part of the reason some people pay big bucks for adults is that they don't want to mess with the more finicky sling period.

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
understandable about night feeding.
i had gotten slings because i have really gotten into the hobby and i felt after having many adults. i felt i can handle the finicky nature of babys and juvies.
all in all i want to become more serious about the hobby and experience all the stages of a ts life not just adulthood

Trenor

Arachnoprince
understandable about night feeding.
i had gotten slings because i have really gotten into the hobby and i felt after having many adults. i felt i can handle the finicky nature of babys and juvies.
all in all i want to become more serious about the hobby and experience all the stages of a ts life not just adulthood
They can be a little more nerve racking than larger Ts but you'll get used to them quickly. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
okay, i tried feeding at night and left til morning. my balfouri ate or looks like it did i couldent find any cricket remains.
as for all the other slings still no luck.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Try feeding in the evening and leaving them in over night at least. Mine always eat better overnight.
I feed mine at night as well. They seem to prefer coming out then, I feed them before I go to bed and even leave the food in for a day and a bit.

VenomGuy39

Arachnopeon
okay guys it finally happened i got all the slings to eat!!! the cause they were all in premolt!!! all at the same time... dunno if thats some weird luck or not but it only took 4 weeks now i have a much bigger versicolor, curly hair, m balfouri and acquired my gem!!!!!!!!! Harpactira pulcripes!!!! just bought 6 of them.. im happier than a fly on S**t. more updates to come. thanks everybody who tried to help.. just so weird that they molted at the same time....