Slings make my blood pressure go up lol

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Day one, unpack tiny Cyriocosmus elegans sling. Day two, feed pinhead cricket. Day three, vanish. Day four, five.....hope sling is burrowed due to pre-molt. Day six, start to question the size of the ventilation holes. Yes we know this normal but dang it stresses you out when they are that small and you don't really see where it went down lol.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Yup..... slings can be a real challenge sometimes. We're attracted to them because of the low price. But I tend to avoid teeny slings for the reason that's stressing you out. The trick is to put tiny slings into tiny containers like vials and pill jars.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Day one, unpack tiny Cyriocosmus elegans sling. Day two, feed pinhead cricket. Day three, vanish. Day four, five.....hope sling is burrowed due to pre-molt. Day six, start to question the size of the ventilation holes. Yes we know this normal but dang it stresses you out when they are that small and you don't really see where it went down lol.
I currently have 6 Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati that are a little bigger than the size of a tick. I've not worried about them any more than I do the other Ts. Well except for Roy... The other 5 have burrowed and webbed up but not Roy. He just hangs out on the side of the cup and eats food when I drop it in. The rest of the time nothing. He is growing though so I'm not too worried. I image him to be the odd duck of the bunch.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I'm going through the same thing right now. I just got 5 slings, and 3 of them are so tiny that it takes me a couple of minutes for me to find them, looking very carefully around the teensy little jar that they're in. They must be 1/8" or so. I'll feel more at ease once I can see them right away.

I really do enjoy watching them grow up, though. People always tell beginners to avoid slings, but I've had a good experience with them thus far.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I have avoided slings for many of the same reasons mentioned above. But I realized that eventually I'm going down that road anyway to get some of the species I want. A friend had 6 LP slings left and sold them to me for 2 bucks a piece. I figure it would be a good test. If I killed them, no more slings. So far, so good. All alive, all fat little abdomens.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I have avoided slings for many of the same reasons mentioned above. But I realized that eventually I'm going down that road anyway to get some of the species I want. A friend had 6 LP slings left and sold them to me for 2 bucks a piece. I figure it would be a good test. If I killed them, no more slings. So far, so good. All alive, all fat little abdomens.
At least LPs don't stay in the sling stage for very long:)

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Almost all of my slings have burrowed. A few pop up often but most have decided they don't want to see my ugly mug. I just leave them be and look forward to the next time whether its growth or just them popping up for food.

MeAndMyRosie

Arachnopeon
Yes in deed, slings do make you nervous. They delicate little gems that are great rewards when finally mature. Although slings are not for me.. I tend to pay extra to get 1" T's and confirmed Female as well. I currently have 4 female T's and one tarantula i think is a male? On another subject... Avicularia's can make you nervous too when raising from young. Just picked up a 2" avic avic and I admit I am nervous in keeping her happy. But she is an absolute gem!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, I hope you was able to get some deserved sleep at the 7th Day, after such a Biblical struggle, man :-s

louise f

Arachnoangel
Well that`s just the life of keeping T`s. Enjoy it <3 :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Spiderlings are worrisome if they are average sized, but dwarf spiderlings are even more worrisome. Mine have disappeared as well, but I sometimes spy them from the outside and see tiny little feet at the mouth of their burrow come feeding day.