Slings Incoming!!

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Well, I've been drooling over photos of P. irminia all week and I finally decided to pull the trigger today and order a sling...

But where's the fun in ordering only one sling, right? So I decided to knock a few more off of my wish list too: Avicularia sp. "Amazonica," Avicularia diversipes, and Harpactira marksi!

Just wanted to share my excitement with the only people who will understand! :p I will post some photos tomorrow after I get them all situated. While I'm fully prepared to take on all of these spp., I'd still love to hear any comments/suggestions/observations on them from y'all!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Very underrated tarantula, H.marksi, I just saw a pic yesterday, and it looked beautiful! No advice or care tips, since I am mot familiar with these species as I don't keep them, just a congrats and opinion :D

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Very underrated tarantula, H.marksi, I just saw a pic yesterday, and it looked beautiful! No advice or care tips, since I am mot familiar with these species as I don't keep them, just a congrats and opinion :D
I agree, they're very underrated... one of the most beautiful baboons imo, not sure why I don't see more people keeping them. It will be my first Baboon and my first OB, I'm really excited to get that experience under my belt!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
my wish list too: Avicularia sp. "Amazonica,"
Large, beautiful, very poofy, fiber optic setae, can't go wrong there. Males lose the cherry red upon maturity, females keep it. More skittish than metallica, maybe a tad less than versi IME.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Large, beautiful, very poofy, fiber optic setae, can't go wrong there. Males lose the cherry red upon maturity, females keep it. More skittish than metallica, maybe a tad less than versi IME.
I have to say, you were definitely the one that turned me on to this sp. after reading all your praise for them. I wasn't sure at first about starting out with a sling, but I decided I had to just to experience all of the amazing color changes they go through as they mature... same with the diversipes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have to say, you were definitely the one that turned me on to this sp. after reading all your praise for them. I wasn't sure at first about starting out with a sling, but I decided I had to just to experience all of the amazing color changes they go through as they mature... same with the diversipes.
Thanks, good to know my words had a positive outcome. PM me the vendor you bought those from. I only know of one right now, but there can always be others when a sac is generated.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Baboons are always N°1 :-s
I still remember first getting in to this hobby, reading about OBTs for the first time and thinking: "there is no way in hell I will ever own one of these." But sure enough, I slowly began to notice how beautiful baboons are... and the idea of keeping a sassy T started to sound like more and more fun... and now I want all of them!
congrats! New T's are always a happy event :D
Thank you!! New T day is always like Christmas morning for me. I'm already antsy!

louise f

Arachnoangel
Congrats with your choice of new T`s. Not bad at all. The irminia is a gorgeous one and so is the rest, but as you might have noticed i am a sucker for those Psalmos :p:hungry::D<3

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That H. marksi is gorgeous. Definitely one now added to MY wish list. I google it just now and yep, got to get it too! Appreciate that!

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Congrats with your choice of new T`s. Not bad at all. The irminia is a gorgeous one and so is the rest, but as you might have noticed i am a sucker for those Psalmos :p:hungry::D<3
Seeing you and so many other users talking about Psalmos definitely pushed me to do it... and I have a feeling this won't be my last Psalmo either :D

Tapis will be next!
Congrats on the new Ts.
Thanks man! :)

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Go with the P. pulcher next. They are awesome!
They have an awesome look, but what about P. cambridgei? Or P. reduncus?? I'm just assuming I'll never be able to afford P. ecclesiasticus so I'm just writing that one off completely. :p

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I only have three psalmos, young adult pcam and 2 juvinile irminia...Now you guys have me wanting a P pulcher and P reduncus, shame on you...just shame....oh! Wait! Christmas list :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They all are amazing to me. The reduncus is the most reclusive in my experience. I feel the cambridgei is bland compared to the pulcher and irminia. The contrast of the irminia is what makes it my #1 favorite psalmo. The attitude on the pulcher makes it my #2. So far off all my psalmos (past and current), the pulcher is the fiestiest.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
to the pulcher and irminia
I've only owned these 2. I feel pulcher is about as bland as vanilla ice cream in terms of looks. Though its abdomen is quite smooth looking. But color-wise, this juvi pulcher looks like an unpainted Sun Tiger ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I still remember first getting in to this hobby, reading about OBTs for the first time and thinking: "there is no way in hell I will ever own one of these." But sure enough, I slowly began to notice how beautiful baboons are... and the idea of keeping a sassy T started to sound like more and more fun... and now I want all of them!
Bravo! Follow the path of (Baboon) light my man :-s