Slings Incoming!!

cold blood

Staff member
They have an awesome look, but what about P. cambridgei? Or P. reduncus?? I'm just assuming I'll never be able to afford P. ecclesiasticus so I'm just writing that one off completely. :p
IMO, cambridgei is the most "perfect" t there is. Why is it better than all the other Psalmos?? Because in contrast to its brethren, who hide more and more as they grow, a cam hides less, and as an adult, I have literally never had one hide....now my irninia I used to see all the time when it was a juvie, I thought I got lucky...nope, she matured and I've seen her like 6 times in the last 15 months. But I can ALWAYS see my cams...and green is in fact, the least common of all tarantula colors, making their coloration quite unique....pics don't do them justice, IMO they're just stunning with those greens and the bright yellow swooshes on the "feet".

On top of that, because they get larger than their cousins, they also grow even faster, making them even more beastly eaters...and all Psalms like to eat!

IMO they're overlooked simply because they are cheap and readily available...which is pretty typical and something shared by many under-rated species, like B. vagans or C. darlingi for example. Too many people are hung up on having rarer, or less common species, and they walk right by a lot of really really cool species that they [wrongly] believe to be beneath them or not cool enough.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
P.cambridgei = perfect arboreal for start a true arboreal "path" of knowledge that will lead one day to African and Asian "tree dwellers" T's.

'Avics' while great, in terms of temperament, high strung attitude etc teach nothing to someone interested in the arboreal T's race.

'Avics' are class A Theraphosidae that are outsiders, they are IMO like vintage, prized class cars of once that the lucky (and rich enough) collect, for the pleasure of the eyes.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Harpactira marksi
This T wasn't on my list before but it's been added now. I'm slowing down on species for the moment till some of my slings get larger but I'll keep it in mind for later though.

Good luck with the new slings.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Slings arrived this morning, bright and early! Just snapped a few quick shots of them in their enclosures:

Avicularia diversipes:
IMG_7082.JPG
Avicularia sp. amazonica:
IMG_7086.JPG
Psalmopoeus irminia:
IMG_7088.JPG
Harpactira marksi:
IMG_7092.JPG

For the first three, the enclosure is a 16 oz plastic spice jar from Amazon (awesome because the lid snaps open for easy feeding), and the sub is coco fiber mixed with sphagnum moss. I gave the P. irminia slightly deeper sub which it's already utilizing to form a burrow. The arboreals also got cork bark and plastic plants. I gave the H. marksi a 1/2 gal. enclosure with extra deep sub and started a burrow for it with my finger. It also got a cork bark slab and water dish.

People really aren't lying when they say P. irminia is insanely fast and skittish. The little speed demon was even more nerve-wracking to unpack than my Pokie!

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
SliIgs arrived this morning, bright and early! Just snapped a few quick shots of them in their enclosures:

Avicularia diversipes:
View attachment 224062
Avicularia sp. amazonica:
View attachment 224063
Psalmopoeus irminia:
View attachment 224064
Harpactira marksi:
View attachment 224065

For the first three, the enclosure is a 16 oz plastic spice jar from Amazon (awesome because the lid snaps open for easy feeding), and the sub is coco fiber mixed with sphagnum moss. I gave the P. irminia slightly deeper sub which it's already utilizing to form a burrow. The arboreals also got cork bark and plastic plants. I gave the H. marksi a 1/2 gal. enclosure with extra deep sub and started a burrow for it with my finger. It also got a cork bark slab and water dish.

People really aren't lying when they say P. irminia is insanely fast and skittish. The little speed demon was even more nerve-wracking to unpack than my Pokie!
Definitely true about the irminia. When unpacking, i was like, alright, there is the sling in its travelcontainer. One second after opening I was like 'where the beep is it?!!' :eek:
Literally lost it...found it back after four hours.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Least they are all safe and sound now :) the irminia are sneaky that way, hanging out quietly, makes you think 'this isn't so bad' till they feel like stretching those pretty legs 0.0. Teleport doesn't even cover how quick they can move when they feel like it. Mine are honestly calm now, but they had their moments when small.