Slings first night

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all

I got my first curly sling today, as the little guy was so small i put him/her into a small container 3inches by 2 inches and all is well, the only thing im worried about now is...
do i put such a small container on the heating mat...or would it cook the little guy in such a small area?....any ideas?
:?

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would just place him in a warm place, better than a cooked T;-)

Last edited:

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a lot of slings at the moment and non of them live on a heat mat, as it drys up soooooo fast and started frying them, so i dont bother.

you could try puting them nest to a tank that a heat mat is being used on, i know it sounds silly, but the heat does travel to them enough to making that little bit warmer.

hope i was a bit of help at least :D

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a lot of slings at the moment and non of them live on a heat mat, as it drys up soooooo fast and started frying them, so i dont bother.

you could try puting them nest to a tank that a heat mat is being used on, i know it sounds silly, but the heat does travel to them enough to making that little bit warmer.

hope i was a bit of help at least :D
Im really glad to said that coz that is exactly what im doing at the moment!
I have an avic avic in a tank with a mat , so i put my new ling along side it... thanks for the help guys...i can sleep better now.
:p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heat mats should not even be involved with Ts in my opinion. None of my slings juvies or adults are on heat mats. The general rule of thumb is if you are comfortable in your house with the temperature, then your Ts are fine.
Because I breed Ts, I have my temps regulated in my room, 78-80 day, 74-76night. But they will grow just fine in regular room temps. Heating the air is always better in my opinion.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good to know thanks, my house is alway too bloody hot....i read the curlys are very hardy T to so that will help. :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as you are not spiking temps of 85+ on a consistent basis I think you will be just fine.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no its not that high much...its just high enough to stop my better half moaning that its to cold.
;)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heat mats should not even be involved with Ts in my opinion. None of my slings juvies or adults are on heat mats. The general rule of thumb is if you are comfortable in your house with the temperature, then your Ts are fine.
Because I breed Ts, I have my temps regulated in my room, 78-80 day, 74-76night. But they will grow just fine in regular room temps. Heating the air is always better in my opinion.
I totally agree, I have some slings and I don't use something to warm them, leave them in the natural temperature.. they will be fine :razz:

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It goes as low as 65 F in my house, I've never had any issues, even with my avic sling. I wouldn't worry about trying to heat them.