Slings burying themselves

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
So, my G Pulchripes sling has been buried away in his burrow for just over two weeks now. I'm curious as to how long other people's slings have buried themselves before returning to the surface?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's fine. They can stay buried for a while as slings.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Currently have two G. Pulchripes slings that have burrowed themselves in....going on three weeks or so

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Had one just emerge after a month underground. Just keep a cap with water in the enclosure and wait for it to emerge.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So, my G Pulchripes sling has been buried away in his burrow for just over two weeks now. I'm curious as to how long other people's slings have buried themselves before returning to the surface?
Until they come out, days, weeks, months...

cold blood

Staff member
The more room you give them, the more often they will stay hidden away. As a result, they eat and grow way slower.

I did long term experiments with several terrestrials and the results were always the same....smaller enclosures=faster growth rates.

The largest group in the experiment were G. pulchripes. When i ended it those burrowed away in larger enclosures were under 3/4", probably closer to 1/2" in many cases....its siblings kept in smaller enclosures were 1.5-2".

Arboreals showed virtually no differrence in growth with regards to enclosure size, so im more apt to start arboreal slings in larger housing.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I have a B. Smithi that went underground on october 20th. It made a cavern next to the wall of the enclosure so I know for a fact its still alive. I think this sling of mine is going to show me just how long it can be underground

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I have a few H. gigs that have been underground for weeks now lol.

Last edited:

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
I have a B. Smithi that went underground on october 20th. It made a cavern next to the wall of the enclosure so I know for a fact its still alive. I think this sling of mine is going to show me just how long it can be underground
That's what this particular sling has done. I often see it either at the bottom of the burrow, or up near where the entrance used to be.