slings, blood pressure, and reflexes

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Well, I woke up early this morning, to get some t maintenance done, as well as some housework, before going up to the hospital to visit my mom.

First off, my curly slings. All went fine, until I get to the Flo Jo/Carl Lewis sling. (I did this over a tupperware). It went fine into the temp vial, whilst I washed its deli vial out. Until..transfer time.

The substrate was damp. I transfer it back in, when all of a sudden, it decided to start trying to break the world sprint record. All over the tupperware it ran. Up the sides, at several points, nearly escaping. Me in hot pursuit, pushing it back down, and trying to corral it.

Finally, I stopped it. I cupped its deli vial over it. (ok smartass..how're you going to get it from the side.) Then I thought..

"Hey! Lean it up..gently tap, and then cap it."

It worked. After taking a few seconds to swallow my heart back down..and get my hands to stop shaking. I started again...

Ahhh..slings. So good for your sluggish blood pressure and reflexes..:)
Peace,
Gillian

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That must have been a close one. Now all you need to do is just calm down and breath. Concerning slings, I received a surprise today. My Flagstaff Orange sling molted. It's grown a whole whopping 1/16 of an inch.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our little slings are a handful.
But I think the one that makes my heart go flurp and roll most is out C. fimbriatus.
She is So fast and So damn Tiny.
At this point she blends Well with the substrate so can be a living handful to move.
I was compelled to dig her out this morning after she hadn't showed herself for a while.
She is So Damn fast.
Those little legs just shouldn't propell her that quick. LOL.
And me.
Working hard to both catch her and not squish her tiny little butt in the proccess.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Godzilla,
Yep..good ole Aphonopelmas..slowest growing t's I have..

Nixy,
Then your fimbriatus must be like the E. campestratus slings I got from Joy. Even though they have grown a bit, I still have to take my glasses off to see them, when I'm moving them. (thank the gods they are so laid back.)

Peace,
Gillian

indigoeyes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Funny enough, my Curly sling gave me quite a start today as well. (They are all conspirirng against us!) I couldn't find him in the little acrylic box he lives in. So I grabbed the softest paintbrush I own, a piece of newspaper, and started VERY SLOWLY pushing the soil out of the box and onto the newspaper. After a good seven or eight minutes, I reached the bottom of the box and a smallish mound of dirt. I gently brushed some dirt aside and saw my curly laying there, curled up. (I about started to cry.) I swept across him with the paintbrush and he leapt up and sprinted to the other side of the box. Scared the hell out of me! He's aalive and eating and moving quite fast! :rolleyes:

Little bugger....