Slings and Isopods?

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm looking to add Isopods and Springtails to my more humid sling enclosures, such as H.Gigas and my chilobrachys species. I'm probably going to use dwarf whites as they are pretty small. I'm going to assume that some of them are going to get eaten by the slings, but other then that, will I have any problems with them disturbing the T's? Is there a downside to introducing them into the enclosures?

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stick with springtails. No reason for isopods. Isopods may happily dine on a molting T.
I was under the assumption that they wouldn't. Interesting. I guess I have myself a couple isopod collections instead of clean up crews now lol. Thank you.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Spot cleaning and springtails. Obviously leave a little for the springtails to eat.

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Spot cleaning and springtails. Obviously leave a little for the springtails to eat.
I was hoping to set up live vivariums at some point. Especially for the h.gigas with a pond and live plants. Obviously down the road.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I was hoping to set up live vivariums at some point. Especially for the h.gigas with a pond and live plants. Obviously down the road.
Nowt stopping you. The isopods would drown in the pond anyway. Springtails will just skip across the surface.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Slings do eat them. I used as feeders for a couple of my smaller ones. I would not think a t would like them in there much tho, even if it did not eat them it might still be bothersome.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Springtails do make excellent cleanup crews tho. Pokie made a big poopie on the front of the enclosure and the springtails cleaned it up within a day. (they do not reach all the way up the sides but they were able to get to this one)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've never used them in any of my enclosures. In my Chilobrachys enclosure I just spot clean and call it good. I've not had any issues and I've had them for several years that way.