Sling venom

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
My P. pederseni (about 1") threw up a threat display when unpacking it, and even struck at the tip of the brush I was using.

Does anyone have any experience with venom from a T this small (how bad are the effect compaired to an adult). From any species as well as this particular one?

It's calmed down now that it's in it's enclosure, but it was p***ed out of the box. lol

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's true, that it's venom is as strong as it's ever going to get.

A T's venom doesn't get stronger with age it's just that you get less of it due to size. A sling can only produce and inject so much that it may seem less than say a full size 8-9" adult but the volume is so low that it's perceived as not being "as bad" but it's doing the same thing just on a smaller scale.

Why would a sling's venom be any less useful or potent to it's prey vs. an adult? Again, I don't think it is.

[Edit] In clarification, as if I hadn't made it hard enough to read (sorry lately on the cryptic posts)..

Take the volume of say 10 slings and add it up might equal, by volume, 1 full size adult. The dose is different not the strength or effect.

Twillis10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont he was actually talking about the potency of the venom. I think he was more so asking if a sling could inject enough to do harm.