sling sexing and feeding

razor244

Arachnopeon
Ok so i purchased two gbb slings a few months back.They are aprox 2.5in now. looking at the comparison i think the top is female / bottom male, i may be wrong so thats why im here for some experienced opinions (they are posted in Epiandrous fusillae sexing) . what do you guys think? If they are in fact male and female, when should i start and how much should i slow down the males feeding with the ultimate goal being a breeding attempt in the future .

Den

Arachnosquire
It's hard to tell. They might both be female, but I hope your prediction is right so you can breed them! :D Though I did hear that GBBs are hard to breed, I don't know why.

razor244

Arachnopeon
well i know the females love to much males =P.i would love for them to both be female . The T in the bottom picture molted first and i thought it was looking female . once i had the T in the top pic molt to compare i wasnt so sure. im still learning.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Actually, it looks like the top is male and the bottom female.
That said, they're still pretty small, so I'd wait for molt confirmation to be sure.
When you know, you can feed the males less and the female more.

razor244

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys for the input , it is truely apreciated. At least i have a general idea of thier sex now. i can confirm in the future when they are larger. I guess once i confirm the sex's ill adjust thier feeding