Sling scared of fruit flies, not sure what to do?

Robert Marley

Arachnopeon
I recently bought a Hapalopus sp. Colombia and it is a really tiny sling. I ordered pin heads from flukers which arrived dead due to horrible packaging.
The only option I had was to buy a fruit fly culture from petsmart as they didn’t have tiny crickets either. Long story short, I tried to feed it a fruit fly but it runs from it. Climbs out of it’s container and into my hand. So I removed the fruit fly and thought I’ll try again later. Well I waited two days and still the same response. Could this be pre-molt behavior? I don’t know how to get this tiny guy to eat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

Attachments

Hi
cricket hatchlings are doing it for my tyni slings but as suggested any feeder will do as long as you chop it down.I use them live at first as have quite a few slings to look after but you can freeze them if it is only one sling you care for.This way your feeders don't outgrow your spiders andcis less messing about trying to catch them.
Regards Konstantin

bobbibink

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, I will buy some medium crickets tomorrow and give it a shot. Thank you
It’s pretty easy to get a cricket leg to feed to your sling— just hold cricket up by one leg w tongs and it will usually just come off. Gruesome...but works.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Fruit flies don't work well as feeders, the exposed fresh guts of prekilled mealworms or ts will get their attention better