Sling question

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one of my slings last night I noticed when he went near a small cricket, touch it , he immediately ran in the opposite direction...Is he scared of the food? should I cut it in half?...

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed that one of my slings does this as well. I started prekilling the crickets and he takes them just fine now.......

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one of my slings last night I noticed when he went near a small cricket, touch it , he immediately ran in the opposite direction...Is he scared of the food? should I cut it in half?...
Just kill the cricket and leave it in there.

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My brachys did this (and they still do it sometimes) when they don't want to eat anymore. If they are not hungry, then a cricket may be dangerous, so they run.

My avics didn't do that, but I think that's because they have a nest to protect, so when they were disturbed they would hit the web near the intruder with their pedipalps, maybe just lo let it know that web had owner.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Running from food

My 1.5" B. auratum just did this recently when it was in pre-molt. Like davidmmx said, it may do this when it does not want to eat anymore and food could possibly be a threat for it (i.e. when a molt is nearby).